AP US HISTORY / SUMMER READING ASSIGNMENT/ MR. LIPMAN 2016-17
In order to prepare for the AP US history course, you are to read three famous
historical speeches. These speeches are not very long and are attached to this assignment.
They are as follows:
Economist Stamp Project Guidelines and Requirements:
1. The size of your stamp should be 11 x 14 ONLY. It cannot be larger or smaller than this
without point deductions. It must be legible for others to see AT A DISTANCE!
2. Using the book New Ideas from
Fall of Roman Empire
Slow decline and decay until Huns move in and
- Inflation and economic instability due to famines,
corruption, and lack of slaves as income.
- Power struggles: 26 people claimed the throne
over 50 year span. Called
. . - ' dom, Babylon was rising in Southwest
While Egypt was 1n 1ts Mlddle Klng e Aryans in India, and the Shang
* i " ' China. At the same time a distinctive Greek
in philosophy, literature, and art. After the Golden Age ended, two powerg
I \chieving an understanding of early human history is difcult. But
even though prehistorlc peoples d1d not h _ . _ _
evidence of how they lived in their bones and 1n thelr artzzzcts, objects made
by people in the past. For example, the size and compositi