1. Explain the war of ideas that occurred during the first millennium BCE in China. How did
Legalism, Confucianism and Daoism influence political developments during the Warring
war period= intellectual arguments. Who should govern? how to
Chapter 4 CCOT
As a result of climate change and political conquests, large-scale population movements
across Afro-Eurasia, both forced and voluntary, became part of the regional integration of new
imperial states. The Early
1. Migration populations paved the way for greater cultural integration across Afro-Eurasia
after 1200BCE. Where did the migrants come from, and where did they invade? In South
Asia, for example, how much of the original culture did the migrants incorpora
Chapter 3 CCOT
After the fall of river-basin states in 2000 BCE individuals have questioned how and why
early migrations changed life. Those who contend that migrations had no effect on early
civilizations may cite examples s
1. Analyze the impact of Alexanders conquest on the Afro-Eurasian World. How did his
military pursuits, and those of his successors, bring together various worlds?
Alexanders conquests laid the foundation for state systems
Those systems protected and
Describe the connections between the growing power of Christianity and the
political reconfiguration of the Roman Empire. What was the appeal of Christianity
in the Roman Empire?
a. Appealed to those is all classes especially the lower class
b. More un
Chapter 6 CCOT
Buddhism is a nontheistic religion or philosophy that emcompasses a variety of
traditions, beliefs and spiritual practices based on the teaching of Buddha. Emerging from the
Afro-Eurasian World, 350 BCE, buddh
1. List the four major cultural regions in Afro-Eurasia, and briefly explain the
defining characteristics of each. What did the various people and groups in these
geographic areas all have in common that distinguished them from others?
1. Analyze the impact of Xiongnu pastoralist on imperial policies of the Qin and Han
dynasties. How did each dynasty counter the threat of nomadic incursions into its
a. Mobile groups in large quantities thought that they might det
1. Analyze the impact of the spread of Islam on Afro-Asian societies. How did the
large Islamic empire shape the movement of peoples,ideas,innovations, and
commodities across the vast landmass?
a. Large impact bc early followers traveled while professing
a. Portuguese explorer who set out with five ships in 1519 from the spanish mainland
b. Magellan died on this voyage
c. Magellans transoceanic passage connect these worlds with others that, from an AfroEurasian viewpoint, had been apart - the
1. Explain how the Black Death, or bubonic plague, spread throughout Afro-Eurasia.
What human activity facilitated its diffusion?
a. Stemmed from a combination of bubonic, pneumonic, and septicaemic plague
strains, and it caused a staggering loss of life.
Vietnam War Reflection
The Vietnam War was a misuse of time, effort, money, and most of all lives in the
deception of many including myself. Americas involvement in the war began when the United
Stated decided to take an active role in stopping communism
All the Presidents Men Video Questions
1. At the burglars arraignment, the issue that occurs is that no one truly knows s why
the breaks in happened or who or with the burglars are working with.
2. Woodward and Bernstein must
20. The Manson Murders- In 1969 Charles Manson brained washed a colt of men in
women to murder innocent human beings. He called these murders to cause a race war
which he named Helter Skelter after the famous Beatles song.
19. The First Super Bowl- The fi
All the Presidents Men Essay
In an opinion to many viewers of the movie All the Presidents Men, several believe that
the movie is less about the Watergate and more about investigative journalism. The movie is an
inside look at the