You will answer 3 IDs from this list out of a choice of four. 30% of grade
Page numbers refer to:
Anthony Badger, The New Deal: The Depression Years
*Those terms without page numbers are supported by class notes as well as class
discussion but not necessa
Populism, Progressivism, Liberalism
- Behind in Agricultural and Industrial production
- Leaps & Bounds ahead of the rest of the world in almost everything
McKinley Presidential Race
- Not an office holder
- Ran William McKinley
Anti-New Deal & The End of The New Deal
American Liberty League
- Believe that FDR has become anti-business
- New Deal is unconstitutional
- Backed by wealthy individuals
- Son of former President Taft
- Will become the Republica
World War I
Woodrow Wilsons Foreign Policy
- Progressive Democratic President.
- Claimed Neutrality for the United States.
- Refuses to speak out against the German advance through Belgium.
- Allows US companies to sell ships to Germany but prevents aid t
U.S. Political History Mid-Term Exam Study Guide
Page Numbers refer to:
Eric Foner, Give Me Liberty! (3rd Edition)
- Who (date)
- What (major identifications)
- Historical Significance (why is it on the exam?)
The Red Scare: 749-750, 757,
Post World War I
- Spanish Flue
- Killed 22 Million, 500K Americans.
- 1/5 of all industrial workers go on strike in 1919
- 350K steel workers walk off the job.
- Race Riots: 1919, worst year for race riots in US history
- 24 Race Riots
The Beginning of American Imperialism
Spanish American War
Splendid Little War
- Disease kills more troops than combat
- Rough Riders, led by T.R., captured Kettle Hill in the battle of San Juan Hill.
- 1,000 U.S., 2,000 Spanish, 3,000 Cuban Deaths.
Populism, Progressivism, & Socialism
- Created a political culture.
- Legitimizing the movement and giving it a brand.
- Encouraging participation among the community.
- Factors that led to the rise of Populism
- Crony Capitalism