Types of markets
- Consumers products are brought by ultimate consumers for personal use (cell
phones, sports tickets, or fashion magazines)
- Business products are goods and services for resale (rubber and cot
Marketing Principles Final Review
a) Be prepared for a question on the utility of a product or service
-the want-satisfying power of a good or service
o Form- conversion of raw materials and components into finished goods and services
Chapter 2 Questions
3.) Describe the difference between a mission and objectives of a firm.
The difference between a firms mission and its objectives is that the
mission is the big picture or complete plan and how it distinguishes itself fro
3. Define the cohort effect.
The cohort effect is the tendency of members of a generation
to be influenced and bound together by events occurring during
their key formative years. These years are usually from the ages 17
26 November 2012
Marketing Controversy of Joe Camel
In todays society, we live in a world where money is everything.
Different companies and businesses will do whatever they can to make as
much money a
- Paid, nonpersonal communication through various media about a business firm,
not-for-organization, product, or idea by a sponsor identified in a message
intended to inform or persuade members of
Chapter 10 Notes
- Development, growth, and maintenance of cost-effective, high-value relationships
with individual customers, suppliers, employees, and other partners for mutual
Assignment: Document two events or presentations you have been to this semester and
describe the purpose of each one.
Anne Frank Presentation
I attended the Anne Frank presentation hosted at the Campus Cen
- Consumer awareness and identification of a brand
- Brand preference- Consumer reliance on previous experiences with a product to
choose that item again
- Brand insistence- Consumer refusal
14 October 2012
How McDonalds Came Back Bigger Than Ever
This article discusses the marketing tactic McDonalds used in order to
regain marketing shares at stay on top above other fast food restaurants.
Discussion- Use two companies that use social media for marketing their respective
industry. What are two manufacturers that use social media to market and how does it
attract potential customers?
Marketing in the social