Blood vessels are organized into circulatory routes that carry blood to specific parts of
The pulmonary circulation leaves the right heart to allow blood to be re
oxygenated and to off-load CO2.
The systemic circulation leave
Check out the video at http:/www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj4D5YS40Yg&feature=youtu.be
Prompt: Reform movements in the United States sought to expand democratic ideals. Assess the validity
of this statement with specific reference to th
Biology 430: Unit #3 Review Sheet
Chapter 9: Joints
1. What are the different types of movements such as flexion, extension, supination, adduction,
etc.? Practice these movements
Chapter 10: Muscular System
1. Describe the locations, functions and charact
Chapter 16: Sensory, Motor, and Integrative Systems
1. Define sensation. Define sensory modality. What is a generator potential? What are the possible CNS
responses to a sensation? Define perception.
Sensation is the registration of an afferent nerve impu
Unit 4 Urinary System Notes
-kidneys, ureters, bladder, and urethra
- Maintains homeostasis by:
Regulating blood volume conserves H2O to increase BP, eliminates H2O to decrease BP
Regulation of pressure renin secretion = RAAS
Bio 431: Unit #3 Review Sheet
Chapter 24: The Digestive System
1. What is the gastrointestinal tract? What are all of the specific segments of the GI tract? What are
the different accessory digestive organs?
The GI tract is the pathway that food takes thr
The Reproductive Systems
Reproductive Cell Division
cell division that occurs in the gonads, that produces gametes in which the numbers of chromosomes is
reduced by half (haploid cells - 23 vs diploid cells - 23 pairs) denoted as n vs 2n
Biology 430 Unit #1 Review Sheet
1. Nervous and Endocrine systems coordinate all of the body systems.
Neurons and NTs
Fast, rapid, short lived
Slow, methodical, widespread all over body
Target cells up regulation a
Brain and Cranial Nerves
Brain waves communicating brain neurons constantly generating detectable signals.
Electroencephalogram recorded using electrodes on forehead
Alpha (awake) waves are present when awake but disappear during sleep
Blood Lab Assessment
Submit the following section to your course for grading.
Answer the following questions:
1. Which cell type is the most numerous white blood cell?
-Neutrophil is the most numerous white blood cell
2. Name the agranular leukocy
Climate is a measure of the average pattern of variation in
temperature, precipitation, and other meteorological variables in
a given region over long periods of time.
Climate diagram for
Biomes the world's major communities, classified accordi
Biological diversity occurs at many levels
Variation in characteristics
Grouping of organisms
and their physical
Grouping of species based
Habitat or Ecosystem (river,
1. Bryophytes (non-vascular plants)
- Like the mosses
- Restricted to small size
2. Vascular, seedless plants
- Like the ferns
- Do not reproduce with seeds. Instead produce spores, eggs, sperm
3. Gymnosperms (naked seed plants