Whos teaching this class?
PROCEDURES FOR OUR CLASS
Im Ms. Leighton and this is my
fourteenth year at Sumner.
I also teach IB Social and Cultural
I coach track, cross country, and Scholar
Bowl. I also love worki
Chapter 6 answers
1. They believe that the daughters should stay home at night with their families.
Mothers worry about their daughters well being and will even call them at
work to make sure theyre okay.
2. Participant observation is key beca
Social and Cultural Anthropology IB - SL
Mrs. Cindy Leighton
2nd and 7th Hour Plan
Social and Cultural Anthropology (SCA) is one of four branches of
anthropology. It is the comparative s
3. Would you use online sites like Tinder, OK Cupid, or Match.com to find a mate?
Why or why not? What are the advantages/disadvantages?
- No, I would not use these sites. I dont think meeting someone on a platform
specifically made for dating is very spe
1. DESCRIBE the Bar system for parenting children. What role does each parent
play in conceiving and growing children both before and after birth?
In the Bar system, women are able to mate with several men. The Bar
believe that when a man and wife are fir
For my observation, I visited a movie theater on a Tuesday evening around 5
PM. From where I was sitting in the lobby, I had a clear view of the box office, which
was to my left, the concessions stand that was to my right, and ent
What are some of the perceptions that Chelsea-Elliott Housing residents
have about the Avenues students and vice versa? Do you think that those
attitudes are fair or unjustified?
Throughout the documentary, the Chelsea-Elliott Housing residents
1. What year was this article written?
a. It was written in 1989
2. EXPLAIN what the author means by "an invisible backpack of unearned assets."
a. She uses this statement to describe white privilege and how white people
cannot see that they have it (invi
Dayne Evans, Jenise , Koleton, Adeta
1. We dont actually learn anything, just how to get a passing grade.
2. We should learn to have motivation, not to just try to get good grades.
3. We wish some of our teachers had cared more about the subject they taug
How is race or ethnicity a social construct that people use to further strategic goals?
Intro/thesis: European Americans act as the dominant race and are given more
worth and have privilege (White privilege), which is given to them purely based off
I listened to Saying thanks to my ghosts by Amy Tan and Doing whats
natural by Toya Smith Marshall. Saying thanks to my ghosts was about Amy Tan
when she was a kid, when she told her mother a lie of being able to see
January 4, 2016
When Brothers Share a Wife
1. In Tibet, fraternal polyandry is very common. In most cases, two or more brothers will
marry one woman, thus keeping the inheritance of family lands in the family, instead of
17 February 2016
Sick of Poverty
1. As SES goes down, so do health tendencies. People who are poorer tend to have short
life expectancies. The arrow goes from economic status to health - so, poor health
results from low
Anthropology, hr. 1
1 September 2015
Practice IA Observation: Last Train Home
The people are sectioned off in what looks like a parking lot. The space is massive. Bright
umbrellas dot the crowd. People are rushing, carrying suitcases.
Anthropology - Oct. 13, 2015
Practice Paper 1
1. In the Akan culture, it is believed that illness and misfortune is connected to witchcraft.
When a female Ghanaian migrant is feeling sick or has had a
21 January 2016
Homework: read 72-87 (15 pages)
1. Compare and contrast the white crew with the Mexican crew
2. Take one page of ORGANIZED notes outline is great. Be sure to include information the
Hierarchies at work.
1. The wh