Profile of a Driver Project 2012
Teachers: Mr. James, Mr. Smith, and Mr. Speller
Due Date: Friday, October 26, 2012 Points will be deducted for lateness!
EACH STUDENT WILL OBSERVE A DRIVER FOR 2-3 WEEKS. LOOK FOR THE FOLLOWING:
Lessons 5 -7 Review Qs
1. What are vitamins and how do they
differ from minerals?
2. What are the 2 classes of vitamins?
Which vitamins fall into each class?
3. Name the seven minerals that are
needed by the body in significant
4. What roles does
Name: _ Period: _ Date:
CHAPTER 8 REVIEW
1. Complex carbohydrates are
a. composed of sugars linked together. b. found in grain products.
c. good sources of energy.
d. all of the above.
2. Which of the following foods is high in protein?
The Truth about Protein
Men who work out 5 or more days
for an hour or longer need how much
protein per pound?
For every 30 grams of protein, how long
does the protein synthesis last?
Which has more grams of protein, 4
slices of chicken, a can
Lessons 1-4 Review Qs
1. Which 3 classes of nutrients supply the
body with energy?
2. Define the term metabolism. How is
metabolism related to the nutrients in food?
3. What roles do the following nutrients play
in the human body?
Lesson 1 Chapter 13.1 The Importance of Physical Activity
Objectives for 13.1:
1. Explain - Some of the physical, psychological, and social benefits of physical activity.
2. Define - The five components of fitness.
3. Describe - Five types of physical act
Vitamins and Minerals Chart
The vitamins and minerals chart given here, not only enlists the important vitamins and minerals
required for your overall well-being, but also describes their functions, their sources, and the
recommended daily intake for men,
Lesson 1 - Chapter 8.1 - Carbohydrates, Fats, and Proteins
Objectives for 8.1:
1. Name the three classes of nutrients that supply your body with energy.
2. Explain how the body obtains energy from foods.
3. Describe the roles that carbohydrates, fats, and