Wk1 (Wed.) - Kinematics of a Particle - Dependent and Relative Motion
1. If block A of the pulley system is moving downward at 6 ft/s while block C is
moving down at 18 ft/s, determine the relative velocity of block B with respect
RECTILINEAR KINEMATICS: CONTINUOUS MOTION
1.Describe the motion of a particle
traveling along a curved path.
2.Relate kinematic quantities in
terms of the rectangular
components of the vecto
Wk1 (Thurs.) - Kinematics of a Particle - Force & Acceleration - The Equation of Motion
1. If the supplied force F = 150 N, determine the velocity of the 50-kg block A when
it has risen 3 m, starting from rest.
2. The coefficient of stat
Kinematics of a
Continuous and Erratic
Mechanics: The study of how bodies
react to the forces acting on them.
The study of bodies in
1. Kinematics concerned with
Mechanics II: Dynamics
Wk1 Homework Problems
Answer each question for credit. Unanswered questions will be given a grade of zero.
Turn in your stapled paper copy to (potentially) earn partial credit on incorrectly
answered questions. Good luck!
1. The vel
Wk1 (Mon.) - Kinematics of a Particle - Continuous and Erratic Motion
1. A ball is thrown vertically upward with a speed of 15 m/s. Determine the
time of flight when it returns to its original position.
2. A particle moves along a straig
NEWTONS LAWS OF MOTION AND
EQUATIONS OF MOTION
Write the equation of motion for
an accelerating body.
Draw the free-body and kinetic
diagrams for an accelerating