1. According to the documentary The Middle Passage what is
considered as very damaging to the human spirit?
2. Name three reasons for the enslavement of humans in the
ancient times. List 1-2-3.
3. What was the Middle Passage?
4. Before the arrival of the
Denmark Veseys Rebellion Quiz
1. Where was the setting for Denmark Vesey's rebellion?
Charleston, South Carolina
2. What was the year of the rebellion?
3. Who was Denmark Vesey's right hand man in plotting the rebellion?
4. What was Denm
Journey Through Slavery Quiz
How many men did Dunbar hang and what was the reason?
Four men were hanged for a suspected slave revolt.
How did Venture Smith get his name?
Venture received his name from the fact that his owner bought him from his own
Maroons were Africans who had escaped from slavery in the Americas and formed independent settlements. The
term can also be applied to their descendants. In all likelihood, the words "Maroon" and "Seminole" share the same
origin in the Spa
Black History 101
The Middle Passage
The Middle Passage was the period of time when the European people departed their
manufactured goods and supplies to African markets. They arrested or kidnapped the Africans
which included men, wome