October 29, 2015
Chapter 9 Exercises
Section 1 Checkpoint:
Meet new people, be opened to new interests and be a good friend to people.
Not making eye contact, talking fast making it seem rushed and your body language.
Checkpoints Chapter 8
1. In college, writing is used to express thoughts or new ideas. Its also
used to get us to think by ourselves, professors want to see how we
2. Communication occurs when students ask questions to clarify any
Chapter Review 12
1. The job market has changed drastically over the years. This is mainly do to the internet. Job
offers are way easier to find and apply for. Its also an easy way for employers to seek out
2. Most jobs applications have to be su
Chapter 10 Checkpoints
1. You could develop a chronic disease like diabetes. Have a higher risk of a heart attack
and other valve problems. Overall bad health can also be developed.
2. Strawberries, grapes and crackers.
3. Its recommended to eat
Chapter 8 Checkpoints
1. In the past I have done five paragraph essays and some research papers. But most work
done in high school was quick writes or small summarizes.
2. College writing is more specific on the format and you have to do your o
1. Many different trends of women contraceptives besides the pill have been introduced
throughout the years. There are hormonal implants, injectable contraceptives (shot),
hormonal patches and IUDs. Which focus more on stopping the release of
Maslows Hierarchy of needs: Lower level needs must be largely fulfilled before higher
level needs become more demanding.
What is argumentation: a process of advancing claims supported by good reasons and
allowing others to test those claims and reasons
Chapter 11 Review
1. Students try working more than they can balance with school work. So they usually just
2. Fixing a budget according to school life and work priorities.
3. A budget is a set up finance for bills and how much money you can act
CH 7 CHECKPOINTS
1. Its more important to communicate with professors in college because they wont go
looking for you when something is missing, its all up to you to catch up.
2. You can miss something thats not on your classmate's notes. It co
Title: A gift from God
Target Audience: College students
Saw a classmate named briana carrying all her books home on friday.
Briana was bullied on the sidewalk, books fell, glasses got lost.
I went to help her ou
October 28, 2014
Part #1: Questions
1. What did you learn from reading this book? Did you like it? Why or why
What I learned from reading this book is we judge the juvenile prisoners and
think that they deserve to be in th