Name Period Date
Review: Biology Midterm 2014-15
Format: 100 questions (mix of T/F & multiple choice)
Index card: 3" x 5", one side only. must be handwritten with your name (you will turn in)
What is biology? What isiife? |
1. What' Is biology? Give
Name _ Period _ Date _
The Cell Cycle
Why do cells divide? As cells grow, eventually they get too big, which means that the exchange of
materials into & out of the cell becomes inefficient and the DNA becomes overwhelmed by the needs of
Bird Beak Lab
An adaptation is a trait that helps an organism survive and reproduce. Beak shape and size is an
example of an adaptation. In this lab, you will see how certain adaptations can increase the birds
Name _ Period _ Date _
The Characteristics of Living Things - Activity
Characteristic #1: Living things
1. Plants are made up of many cells.
2. Animals are made up of many cells.
3. Bacteria are unicellular.
Characteristic #2: Living things
Biology Midterm Review Guide: 2014-15
1. What is the difference between a plant and animal cell.
2. What is the difference between a prokaryote and eukaryote cell
3. Why is the phospholipid bilayer important what is it composed of, vesicle format
IV. MORE GUNS, LESS CRIME?
Anti gun activists are not alone in their belief that widespread firearm ownership
substantially affects violent crime rates. The same understanding also characterizes
many progun activists. Of course, progun activists belief le
September 17, 2013
Nothing that gun-control advocates are pushing for in Congress would have prevented
Mondays shooting rampage at the Washington Navy Yard. And unless this country bans all personal ownership of guns, another mass shooting wi
The gun debate in the United States has changed a lot over the last 20 years. Support for gun
control has declined sharply as support for gun rights has risen,
Research and Citation Assignment
2B Dual Credit Speech
Johnson, F. (2013, September 17). Why Gun Control Cant Eliminate Gun Violence.
National Journal. Retrieved from: http:/www.nationaljournal.com/s/70320/why-guncontrol-cant-eliminate-gu
Quite a few empirical papers have examined the impact of right-to-carry laws on crime rates.
Most studies have found significant benefits, with some finding reductions in murder rates twice
as large as the original research.
Even the critics did not provi
What is happiness and how can we all get some? Matthieu Ricard, a biochemist, now a Buddhist
monk gave an informing lecture to people at the Ted Talk on what happiness is and how to get.
The introduction to the speech was funny So, I g
Preamble- The introduction to the Constitution.
Articles- The table of contents for the Constitution.
Constitutionalism- The government must obey laws and must be conducted according to the
Rule of law- The
Political party- A group who seek control of the government through winning elections and the
holding of public office.
Major parties- The major parties in a country, in America its the Republicans, and Democrats.
Federalism- A system of government where the power is split between a central and state
Division of Powers- Split powers the National and State government have spelled out in the Bill
Delegated Powers- Powers th
Of Mice and Men Section 6 Questions
1. The novel ends where it began, in the clearing by the river. What is the atmosphere
established by the description at the beginning of the final section?
The place is still beautiful and peaceful but there's a lot mo
Of Mice and Men Section 5 Questions
1. What has Lennie done as the section opens?
Lennie is sitting in the barn stroking the dead puppy in his arms and buries it in the hay, but then
decides to the George that he had found the puppy dead then decides Geor
Of Mice and Men Section 4 Questions
1. Curleys wife is lonely because shes a woman. Candy is lonely because of his age. Why is
Crooks is lonely because the other guys dont want him around and because hes black.
2. Why does Lennie wander int
Of Mice and Men section 1 Questions
1. Describe the atmosphere that is created by the imagery in the first two paragraphs of the
The atmosphere is very calm and peaceful, with the stream running through the woods.
2. Why does George get angry with
George is going to
be mad at me, and
not let me tend the
have listened "
be a house
and a cow.
that ill feed
Create your own at Storyboard That
gonna let you
tend the rabbits
Of Mice and Men Section 3 Questions
1. What caused George to stop playing mean-spirited jokes on Lennie?
George stopped playing mean jokes on Lennie when George told him to jump in the river and
he almost drowned.
2. What detail is added to the Weed story
Of Mice and Men Section 2 Questions
1. How does the boss react to Lennies silence?
The boss reacts to Lennies silence surprised and suspicious when George is talking for him
and he doesnt want George to be taking advantage of him.
2. Why does the boss fin
What to Expect
Once landed in the New World
it will be quite noticeable that
there are other inhabitants living
among us, but no `sign of
towns, cities, or villages.
All the Indians that live on the
islands are not able to converse
Dont be alarme
1. What was the biggest group of Natives in the 1990s?
a. Aztec Natives
b. Massachusetts Natives
c. Virginia Natives
Found: Page 4 Clash of Cultures Paragraph 1
Answer A- Aztec Natives
2. A group of Philosopher and scientist began calling themselve
1. I think you must go to Salem, JohnI think so. You must tell them it is a fraud. page #1269
a. Mary Warren b. Elizabeth Proctor
c. Abigail Williams d. Rebecca Nurse
2. WomanIll not have your suspicion any more. page #1270
a. John Proctor b. Reverend Hal
1. What was Franklin's condition in life when he arrived in Philadelphia?
When Benjamin Franklin arrived in Philadelphia his conditions were fatigue, hungry, tired, and
2. What does Franklin say must happen before people can depend on correct moral
1. What truths does Jefferson consider self-evident?
a. Jefferson considers to be self-evident, is that all men are created equal and have
inalienable rights,That governments were made through peoples consent to
protect these rights, and the people have t