Introduction to Psychology Study Guide for Exam One
The definition of psychology- The study of the mind from the Greek roots
Wilhelm Wundt-Structuralism-origin of psychology-first laboratory-process introspection
William James-Functionalism (fun
Psychology 100 Study Guide Exam 1
History of PsychologyCh 01
1. What is the scientific method?
2. What features make psychology a science?
3. Distinguish between a psychologist and a psychiatrist.
4. What are some specialists in psychology and in what set
Visual Sensation & PerceptionCh 04
1. What is the difference between sensation and perception?
What is the difference between the absolute and difference threshold?
Is subliminal perception effective in influencing our behavior?
What is a j
Study Guide for Exam One
The exam will consist of 60 multiple choice question based on the material covered in Chapters
1, 2, 3 and 4. The power point presentation will be a good indicator of the topics that will be
covered on the exam; h
Chapter Five Study Guide and Terms
Cognitive Development in Infancy
1. What are the important milestones of Piagets sensorimotor stage?
2. What are some of the challenges offered to Piagets explanation of infant