40 Multiple choice
Agency problem/conflict of interests
Money market v capital money market
Municipal v corporate bond
2 pages formula sheet 50 questions from in
Looking at Ralph Laurens stock history over the past five years, we find it
to be a solid investment opportunity. As an investor, the first thing one looks to is,
how much money can I make here? In terms of data and numbers, Earn
1. Understand what a hedge fund is
2. Understand the major difference between a hedge fund and a mutual fund
3. Understand the difference between directional and non-directional strategies
4. Understand the challenges in measuring hedge
INTRODUCTION TO RISK AND RETURN
1. Understand the four determinants of interest rates.
2. Understand the relationship between nominal and real interest rates.
3. Be able to calculate rates of return, EAR and APR for different holding periods.
Types of stock analysis
Uses prices and volume information to predict future prices
Success requires a sluggish stock price response to changes in fundamental
supply and demand factors
Relative strength- how is
Fin 310 9/16/2013
What are two types of municipal bonds?
How do you compare a taxable and a municipal bond?
Where are new securities traded?
Where are existing securities traded?
What is a bid price?
What is an asked price?
CHP 1 & 2 HW
5. If the board of directors wants to maximize shareholder wealth then they should make the
CEOs compensation be relative to the firms success. If his or her compensation is
performance based he or she will take h
FIN 310 Exam 1 Review
Sole proprietorship- easy and inexpensively formed, few government regulations, and lower income taxes.
Bad: unlimited personal liability, limited to life of individual, hard time obtaining capital.
Fin 310 11/4/13
Financial Statement Analysis
Financial statement analysis can be used to discover mispriced securities
Financial accounting data are widely available
Profitability over time
Financial condition at
By: Matthew Golden,
Billy Hildebrand, Colin Nesdale, and Michael
October 21, 2013