Physics Full Revision Key Notes
1. To find the volume of an irregular solid Fill up a measuring cylinder with
water and measure till where it is filled. Lower the irregular solid into the
cylinder then measure the change in water level.
2. Speed = Distanc
Identify how the treatment of inmates has changed over the past 200 years and
discuss if these changes have helped improve the efforts to reform convicted
The treatment of inmates has changed over the past 200 hundred year in many way, one of
Probation and Parole 1
Probation and Parole
Probation and Parole 2
The functions of probation and parole are very similar yet are different in many ways.
Parole, the release of a prisoner temporarily (for a special purp
Professor Paul Cavan
04 February 2015
Appellate Court Ruling
The Eastern State Penitentiary is a historical American corrections facility. The Eastern
State Penitentiary was first opened in 1829 to change the behavi
Module 4 Assignment
The town of Maryburg is trying to handle the growing problem of skateboarders in their
downtown. The city council asked you, their city attorney, to write three different statutes
prohibiting the skateboarding by the lo
Direct Supervision 1
Direct Supervision 2
Direct Supervision is the new movement of the future for jails. It is an advanced jail
behavior management system that has received quick acceptance in the pr
Module 3 Group Assignment
Definitions of Solicitation
Solicitation is the name of a crime, an inchoate offense that consists of a person offering money
or inducing another to commit a crime with the specific intent that the
Module 5 Assignment Questions
What is the penalty for each crime?
Punishment/Classification Misdemeanor: punishable by imprisonment no more than 1 year and/or
maximum fine of $1,000; if victim is under 18 and perpetrator is 5 year
CJ 211 Online
Module 1 Historical Background of Criminal Law
The laws of the United States can be categorized into two primary groups: criminal law
and civil law. It is very important to be able to differentiate between the two. Name four
Identify and discuss some of the probation and parole conditions that can be
placed on offenders.
When an offender is put on probation, all or part of the jail sentence and/or fines are suspended.
However, probation is a conditional sentence, me
The Rise of Dictatorships:
Russia was ruled by the Tsar family until 1917. Tsar Nicholas II took little notice of the
people and 95% of peasants and workers had no say at all in how the country was going to be
In 1905, there was an attempted revoluti
IGCSE Physics Exam Tips
1. For every experiment, you must add the sentence Check/Set equipment for zero to
get an easy (1) mark
2. In a graph, uniform acceleration is illustrated by a constant gradient
3. Read the question properly. Use a pencil to underl
IGCSE Chemistry Tips
1. Chloroplast is a catalyst for photosynthesis; it converts carbon dioxide and water to oxygen
and energy by absorbing light.
2. Advantages of using biodegradable substances
a. Reduce the need for landfill sites
b. Reduce visual poll
ICT Chapter 6
1. Software Copyright Things that are considered illegal i. Making software copies and selling or redistributing them
ii. Using on a network by multiple computers unless equipped with the appropriate
licence, a multi-licence.
iii. It is ille
ICT Chapter 5
1. Primary key or Key field unique key used to locate or to identify a record in a file.
2. Relational databases contain foreign keys that are used as primary keys in other databases
in order to link two databases together. The advantages of
1. Hardware General term for a peripheral that is connected to the computer and can be
physically touched or seen.
2. Software General term for programs that control the computer system.
a) Systems software Programs that allow the hardware to run pr
Input and Output
ICT Chapter 2.1 - Input
1. Concept Keyboard Uses icons or phrases instead of standard letters. Suitable for
restaurants because they are waterproof. Fast data entry, you do not have to type the
name one by one, just press the icon and the
ICT Chapter 3
1. Data Storage Putting data in a known source by saving it which we can come back later to
read the data again.
2. RAM (Random Access Memory) Data is temporarily stored. Data is volatile meaning that
it is erased when the computer is switch
1. Susan Spud, a detective with the Middleburg, New Hampshire Police Department,
has been sent to New York City to work with the detectives bureau. Susan is to
learn the latest detection techniques. While in New York, Susan sees a woman
wanted for murder