1. Which two utilities can you use to discover more information about a particular DNS record?
2. A user is complaining that that cant get to a particular website. Describe at least 3
steps/commands you wil
1. What type of WAN connection makes a permanent physical connection over a dedicated
medium for the duration of the communication between two devices?
2. True or False Frame Relay conne
You are using a network where some device has specific roles like file sharing, printing, or
sending/receiving email. Other devices dont have any roles themselves, but access the resources
described above. What type of network is this?
1. Which of the following are valid IPv4 addresses? (choose two)
2. What is the default subnet mask for the Class B IP address 184.108.40.206 assuming classful
addressing is used? Wh
1. A user called reporting that they cant do their work because the network isnt acting correctly.
What should you do?
a. Ping their computer
b. Traceroute to their computer
c. Ask them questions to identify whats actually going on
d. Tell them to email t
Which protocol addresses the problem of collisions within the shared wireless medium utilized
2. 802.11N has a maximum transmission speed of _ mbps
3. True or False A wi
1. You are an online business and your website suddenly receives identical requests from
thousands of zombie computers around the world all at once. What type of attack are you
2. If you wanted to overwhelm
You have a small private network that is connected to the Internet. You have a single public IP
address. What configuration will allow each of these internal devices to share the public IP
a. Static NAT
b. Dynamic Host NAT
c. Dynamic NAT
Which OSI model layer is responsible for guaranteeing reliable message delivery? Transport
2. True or False The Data Link Layer is divided into two parts called the MAC and LLC sub-layers
3. The network layer is responsible for what two functions (pick
1. You are installing several switches and routers and would like to create a diagram that shows
the device locations as well as the specific ports that are used to create the connections
between them. What type of diagram are you looking to create? Physi
What are the two main methods for implementing port security on a switch? MAC filtering and Port
List and give an example of the three main ways you can be authenticated.
Username and Password Typing a unique user name and p
1. True or False A standard router cannot route traffic between different subnets
2. True or False A standard switch cannot route traffic between different subnets
3. A bridge and a switch operate on the _ layer
b. Data Link