BIOL 237- Quiz #4 Chapter 4
_ 1. Which of the following tissues covers surfaces and lines body cavities?
_ 2. Collagen and elastin are found in what kind of tissue?
BIOL 237 Quiz #1 Chapter 1
Which of the following lists the correct order in levels of organization in living
a. molecules, atoms, organelles, organs, cells, tissues, organ systems, organism
b. atoms, molecules, organs, organelles, tissues, o
BIOL 237 - Quiz #3 Chapter 3
_ 1. This organelle assembles amino acids into proteins:
b. Golgi apparatus
c. Smooth endoplasmic reticulum
_ 2. Which of the following moves substances across the surface of a cell?
BIOL 237 Quiz #2 Chapter 2
_ are positively or negatively charged particles that function as electrolytes,
or conductors of current, in the body.
_ 2. An atom that has lost electrons will become
a. a neg
Open Quick Links
Bianca StowellActivity Updates
Top Frame Tabs
My Blackboard Tab 1 of My Courses Tab 2 of 4 (active
Organizations Tab 3 of Internships Tab
dietary analysis project
Dietary Log Instructions
The dietary analysis project consists of a food
journal (dietary log) and four assessments that
will enable you to analyze your diet for total
Quiz 11 on Chapter 12
1. Present experimental evidence related to Griffith's experiment and the identification of the
cell's genetic material. When experimenting with Streptococcus pneumoniae in the 1920's,
Griffith noticed that some colonies were shiny a
Quiz 16 on Chapter 35
1. Which of the following increases the surface area available for gas exchange among various
finely divided inner lung surface in mammals
tubular body shape, as in annelids
finely divided gills in fish
flattened body, as
1. Which of these processes occurs in the cytosol?
the citric acid cycle
the electron transport system
the preparatory reaction
2. Complete oxidative breakdown of glucose results in _ ATP molecules.
3. The prepartory reaction break
QUIZ 13 on Chapter 31
23. Which of the following ovarian hormones is involved in a positive feedback loop with the
hypothalamus and the anterior pituitary?
24. Which o
QUIZ 14 on Chapter 32
23. Ventricular systole causes
the atrioventricular valves to close, and then the semilunar valves to open.
24. When the pressure in the ventricles beco
Quiz 9 on Chapter 10
1. Which of the following steps would NOT lead to variation of genetic material?
crossing over of sister chromatids
2. Which of the following is NOT a difference between anaphase I and anaphase II?
Anaphase I occurs in a haploid cell
Quiz 12 on Chapter 24
1. We are very familiar with two things found in large woody plants, wood and
bark. The wood is essentially made of _ and the bark is essentially made
xylem; phloem and cork
2. All of the following are specialized epidermal cel
1. Which of the following is NOT true concerning mitosis?
Animal cells form a cell plate during cytokinesis while plant cells do not.
is programmed cell death.
is a process that acts to decrease the number of somatic cells.
frees the fingers
1. Which organelles contain functioning ATP synthetase complexes in their membranes?
golgi complexes and lysosomes
mitochondria and chloroplasts
endoplasmic reticulum and vesicles
vacuoles and vesicles
mitochondria and endoplasmic reticulum
2. Which form
Quiz 10 on Chapter 11 - completed
1. Which of the following reasons helped make Mendel successful with his
A. He had a strong background in mathematics
B. He was very deliberate and followed the scientific method closely while doing
Clinical Case #10 REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM
A 34-year-old woman visits an infertility clinic complaining that she and her husband have attempted to
conceive for 3 years without results.
Her sexual history revealed a past of unprotected
Clinical Case #8 ACID BASED BALANCE
86-year-old woman is admitted to the hospital after she had a seizure while waiting for swallow evaluation as
the outpatient. Family reports that the patient has baseline advanced dementia, whi
Module 14 Eukaryotic Diversity
The domain Eukarya encompasses all eukaryotic organisms, including plants, animals, fungi and
protists. In this activity, you will have a chance to explore this diversity and learn about the
distinguishing attributes of each
Dr. Ariana Tamburi
Discussion Board 16: Female Reproductive System
1. What does these terms represent:
- PMS: psych neuroendocrine disorders - biologic, psychological and social components
- Etiology and pathogenesis: u
Clinical Case #9/1 ENDOCRINE SYSTEM
Mr. Guttemann, a 70-year-old male was brought into the ER in a comatose state. He had suffered severe head
trauma. His scalp was badly lacerated and he has an impacted skull fracture. his fract
Dr. Ariana Tamburi
Discussion Board - 17 Spermatogenesis vs. Oogenesis
- Compare Spermatogenesis and Oogenesis:
- Spermatogonia: (aka germ cells; stem cells) diploid cells located within the seminiferous tubules that
Laboratory Report Sheet: Respiration
Exercise 1: Respiration
Data Table 1: Normal breathing measurements. (1 point)
# of breaths in 30
Average of Trials
Average # breaths
Data Table 2: Tidal volume c
9 / Biology
Organisms grow, reproduce, and maintain
themselves through cell division.
The student will investigate a
.Module 14 Eukaryotic Diversity
The domain Eukarya encompasses all eukaryotic organisms, including plants, animals, fungi
and protists. In this activity, you will have a chance to explore this diversity and learn about
the distinguishing attributes of eac