Chapter 7 HW
The followers of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are all _, which means that the followers believe that only one
god created and rules the universe.
1. The followers of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are all _, which means that the followers believe that only
one god created and rules the universe.
C. post theistic
2. The Jewish law prohibiting th
1. For pilgrims who made the journey to Santiago de Compostela, the _ was a badge that
attested to their piety and accomplishments.
2. Intellectual life in the Romanesque period involved the establishment o
1. The term "modeling" refers to _, which allows artists to simulate three-dimensional forms in painted
A. the use of light and dark pigment tones
B. the use of live models so artists could closely observe natural details
C. the texturing
1. The term _ refers to an intensified interest in the styles and themes of classical art
during the Middle Byzantine period.
A. Chora revival
B. Palaeologue Renaissance
C. Macedonian Renaissance
D. Venetian period
2. The image of the Lamentation at
1. Charlemagne's private chapel was in the city of _.
2. The development of minuscule, _, was a significant contribution of the Carolingian period.
A. a building material that was inexpensively produce
1. The Propylaia was a monumental entrance to the Athenian akropolis, which also housed one of the earliest known:
2. The _ period is named for the influence of Egypt, the Near East, and Asia Minor
1. About 3,500 years ago, the city of _, now called Santorini, was destroyed by a volcanic eruption.
2. What have archaeologists found most helpful in determining dates for their Aegean finds?
1. Some scholars suggest a relationship between the geometric order underlying Gothic cathedrals and scholasticism, an
intellectual system of thought that attempted to reconcile Christian theology with _.
A. mathematical principles
B. engineering p
1. The artist of the Garden Vista at the Villa of Livia used _ to make the distance less distinct.
a. architectural vistas
b. monochromatic backgrounds
c. intuitive perspective
d. atmospheric perspective
2. The Porta Augusta (Fig. 6-2) is architectu
1. The holy book of Islam is called the _.
D. The Prophet
2. The basic design of a mosque derived from what building prototype?
A. the Dome of the Rock
B. Muhammad's home
C. the Roman atrium
D. ziggurats in the an