Violent TV programs and video games have both been proven to be harmful to preschool children.
Preschool childrens television programs contain higher levels of violence than any other type of
program. Scientists are unable to perform experiments outside l
1. Describe reasons why adolescents run away from home.
Rotheram Borus has identified six reasons for why adolescents run away from home which includedeserted by their parents as a result of parental death or divorce, thrown out of their homes by their
1. Describe the difference between psychical addiction and psychological dependency.
Physical addiction is defined as a condition that develops from abusing a drug that forms a chemical
dependency. Your body will develop and build up a psychological need
1. Describe and discuss informal and formal adolescent societies.
Formal adolescent societies revolve around groups based at school. Adolescents in a formal society are,
shaped by the school administration, faculty, curriculum, grade level, and classrooms
1. How does the formal operational stage of cognitive development change the adolescents view
of the world? Note: the discussion should include all five major aspects of formal operations.
The formal operational stage is the last stage of cognitive develo
Respond to the Chapter Discussion Questions listed below.
1. Discuss family factors and moral learning in adolescence. Note: The discussion should include
the familys role, parental acceptance and trust, parent-teen communication, discipline, parental
1. Discuss parenting the adolescent within the context of, What kinds of parents adolescents want?
It is indeed true that adolescents want to have certain kind of parents, preferably that have these three
components: connection, psychological autonomy and
Why is having a healthy self-concept and high self-esteem important to the psychological development
of the adolescent?
-Self-concept is defined as a persons conscious, cognitive perception and evaluation of himself or
herself, ones thoughts and opinions
1. Describe, contrast and offer your thoughts on Ginzbergs Compromise with Reality Theory of
vocational choice and Hollands Occupational Environment Theory.
Ginzbergs Compromise with Reality Theory, emphasized that making a vocational choice is a
1. Discuss the short- and long-term effects of divorce on adolescents (include, in detail, the factor
influencing the effect of divorce).
Divorce is viewed as a major event that negatively effects adolescents and stimulates insecurity,
confusion and painf
A high-quality child care program provides intellectual and social benefits for the children.
The 10 characteristics that that define high quality are as follows.
1. The care providers of a high quality child care program are well trained and usually hold
Konrad Lorenz is a theorist who focused on attachment and forming social bonds. Attachment is defined
as the positive emotional bond that develops between a child and a particular, special individual. Lorenz
is an ethologist also, who observed newborn gos
"Suppose a researcher asks you to enroll your baby in a 10-year longitudinal study. What factors
would make you agree or disagree about staying involved with such a study?"
If a researcher asked me to enroll my baby in a 10-year longitudinal study I would
1. Discuss issues related to premarital sexual behavior in adolescence. This discussion should
include percents, age, race/ethnicity, parental behaviors, and other correlates noted in your
There are many correlates related to premarital sexual behav