California State University, Fullerton
Accounting Information Systems
ACCT 307 Summer 2016
Assignment: Analytics Project
Due: 6/13/2016 (beginning of the class)
Students are expected to apply relevant concepts and tools to complete a data analyti
Course: ACC 624, Midterm Exam
Semester: Spring, 2013(Manhattan Campus)
St. Johns University
Please, fill your answer in the blank space provided after each question. Make sure you
save the answers.
Please fill in your name on each sheet.
1. An IS auditor is reviewing access to an application to determine whether
the 10 most recent "new user" forms were correctly authorized. This is an
A. variable sampling.
B. substantive testing.
C. compliance testing.
D. stop-or-go sampling.
1. The MAJOR consideration for an IT auditor reviewing an organizations IT project portfolio
A. IT budget
B. Existing IT environment
C. Business plan
D. Investment plan
2. When reviewing an organizations strategic IT plan, an IS auditor should expe
Disabilities in our age come in all shapes and sizes; with advancements in medicine, psychology
and other forms of treatment and detection, those who suffer from disability are able to lead more
normal lives. Nevertheless, there are certain limitations th
Chapter 2: Principles of Accounting and Financial Reporting for State and Local Governments
Explain the nature of the three major activity categories of a state or local government: governmental activities,
ACC 639: Accounting and Financial Reporting for Governmental and Non Profit Entities
1. Identify and explain the characteristics that distinguish governmental and not-for-profit entities
from for-profit entities
RMI 614 Summery- Credit Default Swaps
Credit default swaps (CDS) are derivative instruments that provide investors with protection against
credit events such as downgrades of, or defaults by, either single-name obligors or a basket of obligors.
RMI 614 Case Study- Corning: Convertible Preferred Stock
Corning Inc. is a leading glass business in the United States. By the late 1990s,
Corning had three major segments: telecommunications, advanced materials and
information display. In 2000
ST. JOHN'S UNIVERSITY
THE PETER J. TOBIN COLLEGE OF BUSINESS
DEPARTMENT OF ACCOUNTING AND TAXATION
Instructor: Biagio Pilato
Office Hours : Friday 12:30 pm
Federal Income Taxation: Individuals
3) Which of the following items can be inclusions in gross income?
a. During the year, shares of stock that the taxpayer had purchased as a investment
doubled in value.
b. Amount an off-duty motorcycle police officer received for esco
1) What are the primary sources of tax information?
The primary sources of tax information include pronouncements from all three branches
of the government. These sources include the International Revenue Code,
Congressional Committee Repor
Homework Ch 13
1. Realized gain or loss is measured by the difference between the amount realized from the
sale or other disposition of property and the propertys adjusted basis at the date of
2. Molanda sells a parcel of land for $18,000 i
1. The tax law does not require that capital gains and losses be separated from other types of
gains and losses because there is no alternative tax calculation when taxable income
includes net long-term capital gain. F
2. The tax law does not r
Chapter 3 HW
1. Al owns an investment in Vireo Corporation stock which during the year increased in
value by $10,000. The $10,000 appreciation must be included in Als gross income for
the year. F
2. Under the Federal income tax formula for individuals, th
Ch 2 HW
1. A professional must understand the relative weight of authority within the sources of tax law. T
2. The Internal Revenue Code of 1986 was substantially a re-codification of the existing Code. F
3. Federal tax legislation generally originates in
Tuesday, September 6, 11
So whats next?
What is the purpose of closing entries? to close out (make zero) balance in the nominal accounts
Temporary accounts get close