Chapter 8 Review Questions
Lab 8.1 Review Questions
1. In which of the following ways does a wireless LAN differ from an Ethernet
a. A wireless LAN requires additional protocols in the TCP/IP suite.
b. A wireless LAN uses completely different protoco
Lab 5.1 Review Questions
1. What is an advantage of using a parallel backbone over a collapsed backbone?
a. A collapsed backbone requires too many connecting devices.
b. A parallel backbone uses redundant connections and is more reliable.
c. A collapsed b
Chapter 7 Review Questions
Lab 7.1 Review Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the function of a CSU?
a. It transmits several signals over a single channel.
b. It separates a single channel into multiple channels.
c. It terminates a digital
Lab 4.1 Review Questions
1. What is the class of network that you configured in this activity?
a. Class A
b. Class B
c. Class C
d. Class D
2. What is the purpose of a subnet mask?
a. to indicate which protocols a particular network uses
b. to further subd
Lab 3.1 Review Questions
1. What type of connector does a 100Base-T network require?
2. Which of the following is commonly used to protect UTP cable from EMI?
c. crossover cable
d. lead shielding
3. What i
Lab 6.1 Review Questions
1. What effect might an incorrect duplex setting have on a NIC? (Choose all that
c. retransmitted frames
d. incorrect theoretical transmission speed
2. In the same dialog box in which you configured
Lab 2.1 Review Questions
1. A host has been overwhelming your Web server. You look up the IP address on
www.arin.net to determine its owner, but ARINs Web site tells you that LACNIC
owns the IP address. What should you do?
a. Complain to the owner of the
Lab 1.1 Review Questions
Which of the following best describes a networks physical topology?
the method by which multiple nodes transmit signals over a shared
the physical layout of a network
the distance spanned by a ne
You are to use Python, Scapy, and PyX along with the pdfdump() command to forge a packet with the following parameters.
#[ Ethernet ]#
type = IPv4
#[ IP ]#
version = 4L
Routing Protocols: IGRP
The Network Layer Basics
Routed and Routing Protocols
IP Routing Protocols
Building a Network
To Be Reliable provide error detection and
ability to correct errors
To Provide Connectivity incorporate a variety of
Chapter 11: Routing in IP
Routers forward IP datagrams from one
router to another on the path from source
To decide on routes to be taken
Routers must have idea of topology of
Chapter 14 Review Questions
Lab 14.1 Review Questions
1. If you receive an infected file as an executable program attached to an e-mail
message, which of the following is this program likely to be?
a. a macro virus
b. a Trojan
c. a worm
d. a boot sector v
Chapter 15 Review Questions
Lab 15.1 Review Questions
1. The task that must be completed before another task is begun is called a(n)
2. In a significant network upgrade project, which of the follow
Chapter 12 Review Questions
Lab 12.1 Review Questions
1. Which of the following best describes authentication?
a. the process of verifying the precise spelling of a user name
b. the process of accepting and matching a user name with unique account
Chapter 13 Review Questions
Lab 13.1 Review Questions
1. What would you ping to determine whether TCP/IP was functioning properly on
a. the gateway address
b. the near side of the router
c. the loopback address
d. the far side of the router