MORAN #5662, Intro. To Law 601, LESSON #1
You are a research clerk for the Law Firm of Smith and Jones. Bob, a good client has a problem
and needs some advice. Senior Partner Sam Smith asks you to do the research, prepare a research
Law 604 Assignment 1
1. What is the name of the United States Supreme Court Case you would find at 347 U.S.
483 (1954)? Brown v. Board of Education
2. What United States Supreme Court Case was overturned by the case you found in
question number 1?
Quiz week 2 Legal Writing
Mark 1.00 out of 1.00
15 A.L.R. Fed. 2d 537 deals with
a. Tracing of cell phones and Internet use
b. Cell phone usage
c. Recording devices
d. None of the above
CASE BRIEFING FORMAT
A case brief is a summary of the courts opinion in a particular case. The brief should be
clear, concise, and should include only necessary information.
A summary of the relevant, applicable facts in narra
Katrina Homer Darg
October 21, 2016
Definitions are taken from:
Law 613 Class Video and Notes.
Blacks Law Dictionary, 10th ed. (2014). West Thomson Reuters.
TheLaw.com Dictionary. (2015). Retrieved on October 21, 2016 from
1. What is the name of the United States Supreme Court Case you would find at 347 U.S. 483
(1954)? Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka
2. What United States Supreme Court Case was overturned by the case you found in question
number 1? Plessy v. Fergson,
1. Name and Citation Bounds v. Smith 430 U.S. 817 (1977)
2. Court U.S. Supreme Court
3. Judicial History 3 inmates filed actions, which were consolidated to bring action to
District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina. Followed by an appeal t