Intro to Business Final
Sarbanes Oxley Act-Federal legislation designed to deter and punish corporate and accounting
fraud and corruption and to protect interests of workers and shareholders through enhanced
financial disclosures, criminal penalti
2. Identify and briefly explain the approaches companies use to provide for worker ownership.
What are the main differences between them?
Two widely used ways that companies provide worker ownership are employee stock ownership
plans and stock
2. Why do companies encourage intrapreneurs? What do intrapreneurs and change have in
Companies encourage intrapreneurs because they help to develop new products, ideas, and
commercial ventures within large organizations. Intrapreneurs a
Even Review Questions
2. Not-for-profit organizations are a substantial part of the U.S. economy in many ways. Notfor-profits place public service above profits. By utilizing funding from both private sources,
including donations, an
2. What are the five major objectives of a promotional strategy?
The five major objectives of a promotional strategy are providing information, differentiate a
product, increase sales, stabilize sales, and accentuate product value.
4. What are
1. This summer, HP will jump on the tablet bandwagon by offering the HP Touchpad. Due
to the brand creditability of HP, the Touchpad has a chance at being a real tablet
contender. With their webOS, a user will be able to pause a game, tap an email
Intro to Business
In order to operate effectively, Under Armour required specific factors of production. Kevin
Plank, a natural entrepreneur, recognized a need for athletic apparel that would give a snug,
smooth fit and carry away moisture at the
1. Why is it important for Cabelas to collect the kind of information stored in its Item
Notes? If the store didnt have this database, what other sources of product information
could it tap? Would they be inferior to Item Notes, and if so, why?
How might Best Buys recruitment, selection, training, and evaluation processes be
different under the new ROWE Program?
Under the new ROWE program, Best Buy will probably see a few changes in
development and implementation of their human resource plans