HANNAH SMITH AND REGINA BROOKS
DECEMBER 3RD, 2015
Touch-tone banking is an electronic service that allows you to check account balances, pay bills
and transfer money between accounts using a touchtone phone, (cell
Chapter 8 Vocab
1. An orderly program for spending, saving, and investing the money you receive is known
as a financial plan.
2. Money you have to spend as you wish-after all required taxes and deductions- is
known as disposable income.
The government collects money, or revenue, from citizens and businesses to spend as
specified by Congress.
As income grows, progressive taxes take a larger share of income and regressive taxes
take a smaller shar
Chapter 21 & 22 Terms
1. Dormitory- an on-campus building that contains many small rooms that are rented out to
2. Co-op a room similar to one in a dormitory at a lower cost but with added responsibilities.
DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME EXTRA CREDIT
1. On the last Sunday in October, most people in the United States turn their clocks
counterclockwise one hour.
2. In the United States, daylight saving time is not observed in the states o
Extra Credit- Internet Search
1. The four states in America that have the most tornados are Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, and
2. Hurricane season in the Atlantic begins on June 1rst and ends on November 30