11.Most retailers are essentially supply chain companies since
a. they dominate the consumer market.
b. own their warehouses and trucks.
c. they buy products produced by others.
d. engage in off-shore sourcing.
Chapter 13Sourcing Materials and Services
1. Procurement and materials management are related activities in supply chain management.
REF: Page 561
2. Distinctives is another name for specialized commodities.
Chapter 7Demand Management
1. Outbound-to-customer logistics systems are also referred to as physical distribution.
REF: Page 231
2. Materials management and physical supply are terms that cannot be used interchangeably.
Chapter 8Order Management and Customer Service
1. Customer service is anything that touches the customer.
REF: Page 269
2. Most organizations employ all six definitions of customer service in their order management process.
14.Globalization was initially driven by countries
a. seeking new territories.
b. outside the U.S. seeking to establish plants in the U.S.
c. seeking materials and goods not available in their own land.
d. sponsoring trading missions.
CHAPTER 11 DISTRIBUTIONMANAGING FULFILLMENT OPERATIONS
After reading this chapter, you should be able to do the following:
Discuss the strategic value-adding role distribution plays in the supply chain.
Recognize the trade