Lab Final Practical Review Sheet
Know ALL questions within the activities we covered including ALL bolded
vocabulary words contained in ALL labs. Also, study pre- and post-lab questions,
graphs (where applicable), and quizzes for each lab.
Chapter 7 Content Questions
1. What is the most common fuel used in organisms to synthesize ATP?
2. Describe the process of cellular respiration.
3. What is the balanced chemical reaction for cellular respiration?
4. Is the breakdown of glucose exergonic
Chapter 6 Content Questions
1. Describe the process of a chemical reaction.
2. What is energy? How and why is energy transformed in a cell?
3. What is the difference between potential and kinetic energy?
4. What is the difference between the first and sec
Chapter 5 Content Questions
1. How would you describe the general structure for the cell membrane?
2. Describe the fluid-mosaic model of the structure of the plasma membrane.
3. What is the composition of the plasma membrane? Is the plasma membrane consid
Chapter 4 Content Questions
1. What are the characteristics of the cell theory?
2. What can be visualized with the unaided eye? Light microscope? Electron microscope?
3. Rank the size from smallest to largest for the following: ribosomes, most bacteria, a
Chapter 10 Content Questions
1. How is a multicellular organism different from a unicellular organism?
2. What complex meshwork is found outside of an animal cell?
3. What complex meshwork is found outside of a plant cell?
4. What are the four important r
Chapter 12 Content Questions
1. What is the significance of Beadle and Tatums experiment?
1 gene 1 encodes for 1 enzyme
2. Describe the one gene, one polypeptide relationship.
1 structural gene codes for 1 polypepyide
3. What is the term that describes
Chapter 11 Content Questions
1. Name the scientist(s) discussed in Chapter 11 and explain the discoveries they are responsible
for in science. Refer to pages 212 217 in the textbook.
Griffths- ppt 5 and indicated existence of genetic material