The study of tissues
TISSUE-a combination of specialized cell types &
cell products which perform a specific set of
TYPES OF TISSUES
THERE ARE ONLY 4 TYPES OF TISSUES
GENERAL FUNCTIONS OF MUSCLE TISSUE
MOVEMENT & LOCOMOTION
KEEP THE BODY ERECT
PROTECTION OF VITAL ORGANS
GENERAL LOCATION OF MUSCLE TISSUE
1) stratified squamous non-keratinized. function: protect-surface cells slough off and replaced
quickly. @ mouth, rectum
2) 16 stratified squamous keratinized (no nucleus on top). function: protection, water proofing.
@integument system skin
3) Skeletal M
What do we know about nutrition facts and issues!? Use this as a pre test prior to
reviewing the lecture then test yourself again after! This is a good review for the exam.
~How many food groups are represented in MyPyramid?
Five and an others g
Urinary System - Introduction
The urinary system includes the kidneys, ureters, urinary bladder, and
The kidneys produce urine, a fluid containg water, ions, and small
soluble compounds. It leaves the kidney
Blood Assignment (Chapter 17): These questions come from the reviews at the
end of each module. The Concept Map is at the end of the chapter on p. 644.
Answer in complete sentences, but you dont have to write out the question. As
long as I can read it, th
A & P II Test 2 (Chapters 22, 23, 24, & 25)
ESSAY. Write your answer in the space provided or on a separate sheet of paper.
1) Tom has just been exposed to the measles virus, and since he can't remember if he has had measles
before, he won
A&P II Test 1 (18, 19,20,21)
1. Jane lives in Appalachia and suffers from hypoththyroidism. Her Thyroid gland is enlarged, her
body temperature is low, and her hair and skin look brittle and dry. Blood tests show very low
levels of circula
Solutions to HMB265 Practice Midterm
1. In a diploid cell in the metaphase of mitosis there are 100 chromatids. The
haploid number of chromosomes for this organism would be: