CHAPTER 5: LISTENING & RESPONDING
ASSIGNMENT 5.1: LISTENING SELF-ASSESSMENT
1. On a scale from 0 to 100, how would you rate yourself as a listener? _
2. How do you think others would rate you as a listener?
A. Your best friend: _
B. Your boss:
1. Physicians usually benefit most from managed health care plans.
2. The terms insurance carrier, insurance company, and third-party payer have the same meaning and can
be used interchangeably.
3. EPO members/patients h
1. Assigning ICD-10-CM diagnoses codes involves the same steps as ICD-9-CM code assignment.
2. ICD-10-CM will allow more leniency in medical record documentation.
3. Signs or symptoms are not usually sequenced as a princ
CHAPTER 8: TEAMWORK
ASSIGNMENT 8.1: PARTICIPATION STYLE SELF-ANALYSIS
As you might imagine, workplace teams can be comprised of many diverse individuals.
This diversity can be related to ones position within the company, educational background,
CHAPTER 4: LANGUAGE
ASSIGNMENT 4.1: FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE
Directions: Figurative language adds a certain flavor to any communication. However, such
language can be a problem for those who do not understand its meaning. For each of the
1. Which professional organization updates and publishes the CPT manual?
2. Which organization/agency developed and maintains the HCPCS coding system manual?
CHAPTER 2: PERCEPTION
ASSIGNMENT 2.1: SELF-PERCEPTION EXERCISE
Directions: All people have a particular perception of themselves that guides much of what they do and how
they see the world around them. In this assignment, use the following rati
CHAPTER 1: COMMUNICATION CONCEPTS
ASSIGNMENT 1.1: COMMUNICATION PROCESS MODEL
Directions: Think of a misunderstanding you experienced when communicating with someone else at work,
home, or school. Then fill in the blanks of the chart below.
CHAPTER 3: CULTURAL DIVERSITY
ASSIGNMENT 3.1 INTERCULTURAL PERSONALITY PROFILE
Directions: To assess how easy it is for you to interact with people from a different culture, complete the
following questionnaire. Use a scale of 1 to 5 to indicat