1. What is popular music?
Popular music is any music from the mid 1800's with a tase of the middle class.
2. What theme does pop music typically use in the lyrics? Describe one pop song
that uses this theme. Why is this theme such a popul
A. The instrument that looks like a snake is the Serpent.
B. The instrument that is played by winding a crank is the Hurdy-Gurdy.
C. The instrument that is a "loud reed-cap instrument with a double reed" is the Kortholt.
D. The instrument that has been ca
1. The Hurrian song is a set of relics. It is so important becaus it is an example of music from
2. The Natya Shastrais a written debate on the performing arts. It is important because is
includes music, dance, and stage prforman
1. The three forms of English madrigals were , Madrigal proper which uses word-painting that
matches the music to words in the text. The ballet which is danced and sung to. The Ayre which
is performed with or without another person or instrument.
1. The poor Clares were nuns. It was surprising that they were accomplished musicians they
were private and had an enclosed choir.
2. A Chanson is a song with French words.
3. The song "Fine Knacks for Ladies" was about his loyalty and hones