Cancer Gene Detection
Cancer is a disease that is caused by cells that divide
uncontrollably, resulting in masses called tumors.
Cancers usually result from mutations in one of two
types of genes: tumor suppressor genes or oncogenes.
Tumor suppressor gene
10. Genetically Modified Foods/ Ethics of Genetic Engineering
10. Genetically Modified Foods/
Ethics of Genetic Engineering
Genetic engineering has been a catalyst for
discussion of ethical issues of modification of
nature, and has been
Gizmos Exploration Guide
Have you ever heard a product advertised as "pH balanced"? The abbreviation "pH" is short for "power of hydrogen." It
is a measure of hydrogen ion concentration. The pH scale is used to measure whether a substance is a
1. Explain the relationship between an enzyme and its substrate.
2. What might happen if the shape of an enzyme were to be
3. Make two hypotheses, one for each of the following tests which