3-1. A companys financial statements consist of the balance sheet, income
statement, and statement of cash flows. Describe what each statement tells
Ans. Balance sheet a statement of the assets, liabilities, and capital of a
business or other organiza
1. Hawthorne studies:
a. The Hawthorne studies initiated in the 1920s, and they looked initially to improve
conditions in the work area such the amount of light in a workstation to improve
productivity. However, what the researchers discovered was that pr
OMGT 5003 Intro to Operations Management
1. (5 pts) Identify a company or organization that provides both goods and services.
a. Describe their products and identify which are goods and which are services.
1. Read the Additional Case Study: The Fleet that Wanders available on the publishers
a. What suggestions do you have for Mr. Southard?
First, I would recommend Mr. Southard to make some of his drivers test the new
1. Define and briefly explain the relationship between capacity
planning, aggregate planning, a master schedule, and short
2. The following jobs need to be processed on a single machine.
Assume the jobs arrive in the order listed. Calcula
1. (5 pts) Match the following with one of the four process strategies (best fit). Provide
justification for your answers.
a. Starbucks Coffee Shops Mass customization: Given that for their main product (coffee) the
1. Briefly discuss the three methods for making decisions under uncertainty. Include in your
discussion the reason(s) why maximax and maximin strategies are considered to be optimistic
and pessimistic, respectively.
1. An auto parts supplier sells Flow-Thru oil filters to car dealers and auto mechanics. The annual
demand is approximately 1,200 filters. The supplier pays $4.25 for each filter and estimates that
the annual holding
Week 1 - Assignemnt
= ( )/( 40
What would be the unit increase in productivity per hour
OMGT 5003Introduction to Operations Management
Term 3: January 19 March 8, 2016
Schedule: Online, asynchronous
Carrie Beam, Ph.D.
(925) 285-1977 (Pacific time)
In order to graduate, a student must earn a B grade
Week 3 - Assignment
Use a spreadsheet (Excel) to solve and present your answer to problem 6.13 on p. 229. Create a pareto chart for t
announcements showing how to do this.
Defective Board Dimension
Ruben Murillo Week 6
14.3 The demand for subassembly S is 100 units in week 7. each unit of S requires 1 unit of T and 2 Units of U. Each unit of T
requires 1 unit of V, 2 units of , and 1 unit of X. Finally, each unit of U requires 2 units of Y and 3 uni
Week 4 - Assignment
Subway with morethan 200,000 outlets in the U.S is planning for a new restaurant in Buffalo, NY. T
locations are being considered. The following table gives the fact
Build new plant
c) Equally Likely
Very Favorable Market
States of Nature
Ruben Murillo - Week 5
The grocery industry has an annual inventory turnover of about 14 times. Organic Grosers, Inc has a cost of goods
sold last year of $10.5 million; its average inventory was $1.0 millions. What was Organic Grosers's inventory
The 10 critical Decisions in Operations are:
1. Service and product Design: What products and services the company should offer
2. Quality Management: How do we define quality and who is responsible for those products
3. Process and capacity design: What
Week 2 - Assignemnt
The following gives the number of pints type B blood used at Woodland Hospital in the past 6 weeks:
A. Forecast the demand for the week of October 12 using a 3-week moving average
a. Hard Rock Caf uses forecasts for their capacity, raw materials as well as labor.
Forecasting capacity is used to know the capacity needed for growth of sales per store.
Raw materials are forecasted in the int