1. CPU utilization and response time: CPU utilization is increased if the overheads associated with
context switching is minimized. The context switching overheads could be lowered by performing
1. 200*2 = 400ns
2. 0.75*200 + 0.25*400 = 250ns
a. New requests for the track over which the head currently resides can theoretically arrive as
quickly as these requests are being serviced.
b. All requests older than some predetermined a
1. Page table pointer points the address of the base of a guarded page table. Changing page
tables requires changing only the page table pointer which reducing context switch time.
Page table length indicates size of the page table. The length is
1. Busy waiting means that a process is waiting for a condition to be satisfied in a tight loop
without relinquishing the processor.
2. Alternatively, a process could wait by relinquishing the processor, and