1. Select either Shays' Rebellion or ADA, 1990. Discuss how your chosen event/legislation
is either an example of Freedom vs. Order or Freedom vs. Equality.
2. What freedoms are most important to you?
3. What freedoms are you willing to give up
Free-Response Question: The Constitution was an attempt to address problems of
decentralization that were experienced under the Articles of Confederation.
1. Discuss three problems of decentralization that occurred under the Articles of
Federalism Work file
Began: March 1933
Launched: Jan 1965
Proposed: Oct 1983
Franklin D Roosevelt
Lyndon B. Johnson
1. Discuss third parties and the challenges they face in winning elections.
In your discussion, explain three reasons third parties have difficulty in our
2. Identify one third party candidate who received a signi
Answer these questions:
1. Who is running for mayor?
2. What does +/- 5 mean? Discuss the concept of margin of error in detail.
3. How can there be errors in telephone polling?
4. How can the phrasing of the question determine the answer?
5. What was the
Answer the following questions.
1. Discuss the general platform of this party.
2. What candidates have run as a member of this party?
3. What type of success have they had in elections?
4. What do you think about the viability of this party?
1) The Liber
1. How has the media and technology changed the way political parties operate and
nominate candidates? Give three examples to prove your theory.
2. Have changes in the formal presidential nomination procedures since the mid1960's made the process more dem
1. Go to the Political Cartoon web site: Daryl Cagle's Professional Cartoonists Index!
2. Choose a cartoon that is about polling, public opinion, or a politician "using" the media.
3. Analyze using the following steps:
1. Closely study any char
Winning the Presidential Election Guide
Campaign catch phrase
Media coverage/ appearance
In the Win the White House online game, customizing your campaign involved picking
a campaign catch phrase. Th
Americans have very low voter turnout.
A. Analyze the above table. How does education affect voting?
B. Explain two other demographics that determine voter participation.
C. Identify and explain one reform that has been made to enco
Government chapter 2 study guide
Albany plan of the union - Franklin proposed creation of annual congress
Anti-federalists - opposed creation of constitution
Articles of confederation - established a firm league of friendship am
Presidential election project
High taxes for higher income people
Based community and social reasonability
Decreased spending on military budget
Taxes should not change based on income
Based on ind
US government Chapter 15 Study Guide
Chief of staff - directs all operations of the EOP
Domestic affairs- matters not directly connected to the realm of foreign affairs
Executive office of the president - complex organization of sever
Today an object 6.5 feet in diameter will be coming into the atmosphere. Astronomers who spotted the
object say it is too light to be a space rock so it is most likely a discarded stage of a rocket. The object will
US government Chapter 13 and 14 Project
Executive Article Article 2 of constitution states that the executive power shall be vested in a
president of the United States of America
Imperial Presidency Pre
US Government chapter 16 and 17 study guide
Deflation general decrease in prices
Entitlement - benefits that federal law says must be paid
Inflation - general increase in prices
Progressive tax - the higher ones income the highe
Govt. chapter 3 and 4 study guide
Article V - indicates how formal amendments may be added to the document
18th Amendment - prohibition of alcohol
13th Amendment- abolition of slavery
22nd Amendment- limit on presidential terms