PROTEIN SYNTHESIS WORKSHEET
PART A. Read the following:
Protein synthesis is the process used by the body to make proteins. The first step of protein synthesis is called
Transcription. It occurs in the nucleus. During transcription, mRNA transcribes (copi
Name: _Per.: _
DNA, RNA, & Replication Worksheet
1. What type of macromolecule is DNA?
2. What are the monomer units (building blocks) of DNA?
3. What term is given to the shape of the DNA molecule?
4. What are the three components o
Two kinds of water found on Earth:
contains little salt.
Salt water, the water in oceans,
such as drinking and agriculture,
Earth is liquid fresh water that humans can
FRESHWATER ECOSYSTEMS NOTES
The types of organisms in an aquatic ecosystem are mainly
determined by the _. As a result,
aquatic ecosystems are divided into
Freshwater ecosystems include _
Wetlands are _
Factors such as_, _,_,
and _ determin
What Causes Air
Air Pollution is
Most air pollution is the result of human activities
Carbon monoxide (CO)
The main categories of rural land are _
We have sometimes managed these lands _ so
that they will provide resources _. We have also
sometimes _ their productivity by overusing or polluting
The condition of rural land is important because of the
Mineral and Mining Resources
We depend on the use of mineral resources in almost every aspect of our
However, our dependence on minerals has not come without a price.
The current challenge is to _
What is a
Transport Across Membranes
1) Simple _ requires NO energy to move things across
the cell membrane.
2) With simple diffusion, molecules move from an area of _
concentration to an area of _ concentration.
3) Why is diffusion considered
Diffusion and Osmosis
Part A: Define the following terms on the lines provided:
2.) Semi-permeable Membrane:
Part B: Answer the following:
1.) Complete the table:
Type of Solution
Cell Analogies Worksheet
A comparison between two things which are similar in some respects, but otherwise different. An
explaining of something by comparing it point by point with something else.
1. The tendency for an atom to attract electrons to itself in a
chemical bond is called
2. Which of the following elements has the highest electronegativity?
1. How do the molecules that play a role in living cells compare to
those encountered in organic chemistry?
a. Biology isn't based on molecules at all, but a "vital force".
b. They are the same, just operating in a different context.
c. Biological molecul
ALBANY STATE UNIVERSITY
CHM 3250K Weekend assignment
Calculate the hydrogen ion concentration for each of the following materials
(a) Blood plasma pH 7.4
(b) Orange juice pH 3.5
(c) Human urine pH 6.2
2. Calculate the pH of a buffer solution that contai
ALBANY STATE UNIVERSITY
CHM 3250K: BIOCHEMISTRY
DEPT. OF NATURAL SCIENCES SPRING 2012
ESSAYS ANWER FIVE 5 QUESTIONS (EACH QUESTION IS 5 MARKS)
1a. A solution of a peptide of unknown sequence was divided into two samples. One sample was
1. How do the molecules that play a role in living cells compare to those
encountered in organic chemistry?
a. They are the same, just operating in a different context.
b. Biological molecules are organic molecules, but the similarity ends