Organizational Behavior Case Analysis
There are several issues surrounding the integration of the Four Seasons in Paris. The main
difficulty involves the culture itself. American culture differs from European culture in
significant ways when it co
October 9, 2011
Prompt #2 MARS Model of Individual Behavior and Performance
The MARS Model of Individual Behavior and Performance is a model that analyzes motivation,
ability, role perceptions, and situational f
Change Management Simulation Debrief Form
Scenario 2 High Authority Low Urgency
1) Describe the general strategy you used to manage the change:
a) What helped you to increase your credibility? What hurt your credibility?
The levers that helped increased c
1. A participative leadership style works well with subordinates who _.
have an internal locus of control
Explanation: D) A participative style works well with self-assured individuals who have an internal locus of
control, which makes that cho
As I read through BoldFlash: Cross-Functional Challenges in the Mobile Division, I jotted
down structural issues that stood out to me. The theme among them was the severe lack of
organization, both organizationally (leadership roles) and functio
Practical Lessons from Equity Theory
1. Provides managers with yet another explanation of how beliefs and attitudes
affect job performance
2. Research on equity theory emphasizes the need for managers to pay attention to
employees perceptions of what is f
Review III Key
You purchase one IBM July 125 call contract for a premium of $5. You hold the option until the
expiration date, when IBM stock sells for $123 per share. You will realize a _ on the
A. $200 profit
B. $200 loss
C. $500 profit
Chapter 8 Online Quiz
1. Anika loves being a professional dancer, but she feels stress from the tension-packed,
high-pressure, fear-filled demands of helping motivate members of her group. She is
likely to be experiencing stress from _.
1. Emotional intelligence includes all of the following EXCEPT _.cognitive skills
Explanation: A) The five dimensions of emotional intelligence are self-awareness, self-management, social skills, selfmotivation, and empathy. That makes "cogniti
Ch8 quiz solutions
1. B. When the market interest rate is higher than the coupon interest rate, bonds are issued as
This question reviews your knowledge about bond issuance. If it was not easy to come up with the
correct answer, review intermedi
1. Which of the following should a team try to completely eliminate, if possible? social loafing
2. Teams composed of individuals from the same department or functional area and are involved in efforts to
improve work activities are called _.pr
Chapter 13 Online Quiz
1. All of the following are barriers to effective interpersonal communication EXCEPT _. feedback
Explanation: C) Filtering (the manipulation of information by the sender to make a position seem more favorable),
Chapter 15 Online Quiz
1. In the Six Sigma system, this is the highest level of quality.
Explanation: D) In the Six Sigma system, the higher the Sigma level, the fewer defects a product has. At level One Sigma,
only two-thirds of the items being
1. Motivation is NOT _.a permanent personal trait
Explanation: A) Motivation by definition is a process with a direction that leads to a goal. Rather than an
innate characteristic, motivation can vary from task to task and situation to situatio
1. Which of the following is on the rise in today's organizations?
hostility and aggression
Explanation: C) There is no evidence that respect, manners, or amicability are on the rise in today's organizations. What
is increasing are incidents of
Chapter 14 Online Quiz
1. A professor gives a new test to an otherwise typical class and finds that only 10 percent of the students
get grades of C or above. What is the most appropriate and fair response?
revise the test itself
Explanation: D) Doing noth
Harnessing the Science of Persuasion
Persuasion skills exert far greater influence over others behavior than formal power
Liking: people like those who like them
Similarity and praise increase liking
Reciprocity: give what you want to rece
Grab discussion sheet & name card
Talk about Job Characteristics
Trust, Justice, Ethics Lecture
Homework DUE Wednesday
Team Activity: Design the most satisfying job
Grab name cards
Questions on syllabus or class?
Introduction to OB Lecture
Video: Positive Work
Pick topic & break into team
Chapter 1: What is Organizational Behavior?
What is Organizational B
Grab name cards & discussion
Go over Team Presentation
Finish up Intro to OB Lecture
Start Job Performance Lecture
Video: Positive Work
Evidence from Research
Dineen & Allen (2016)
IS COLLEGE EDUCATION A GOOD INVESTMENT?
Is College Education a Good Investment?
College education is a good investment. Attending College provides graduates with a
broad range of opportunities which are not accessible to those who lack high
What is a tax?
a. A tax is a payment that is:
ii. imposed by a government agency
iii. not tied directly to the benefit received by the taxpayer
b. What is the purpose of taxes?
i. Primary fund the operations of the government
WRITE YOUR NAME ON THE BACK ONLY
Game Theory & Business Strategy
These are sample solutions. They are not guaranteed to be correct, nor necessarily reflective of
the complete answers require
GEOG 2000 - Globalization Winter 2016 Lihui Pang
- A process of interaction and integration among the people, companies, and governments of different nations;
- A process driven by international trade and investment and aided by information
Chapter 4 Online Quiz
1.In allocating weights to the decision criteria, which of the following is most helpful to remember?
Assign the most important criterion a score, and then assign weights against that standard.
2.Which of the following group techniq
Chapter 5 Online Quiz
1. General Mills expanding its line so that it sells several different types of Cheerios is an example of which of the
2. Two companies that both sell fine timepieces combine. What are they doing?
Chapter 2 Online Quiz (T/F)
1. The U.S. housing market been identified as a major cause of the recent economic
2. The external environment of an organization includes factors and forces that can affect
how the organization operates. True
Are you a Servant Leader?
According to Robert Greenleaf, Servant Leadership focuses on increased service to
others rather than to oneself. Being a servant leader means that ones own self-interest is
served before the interests o
1. What is your personal experience with Theory X and Theory Y managers? Which did you prefer and
My experience so far has been only with Theory Y managers. They believe work is natural, people are
capable of self-direc
Chapter 5 Discussion questions
1. At work, I would use my knowledge of intelligence to benefit myself. I would use my linguistic
intelligence to speak to people and communicate. I would use my Mathematical intelligence when doing
problem analysis. I would
Intelligence, Ability, Personality, Core Self-Evaluations, Attitudes,
Describe how you might use your
knowledge of intelligences at work
Chapter 4 Discussion questions
1. Why is it important for managers to have a working knowledge of perception and attribution?
As a manager, it is their responsibility to organize the work place and be attentive to what is going on in
the area. When manage