Physics 181, Spring 2014 Engineering Physics II: Final Exam-A
True or False Questions (5 points each)
Two long current-carrying wires run parallel to each other. If these wires tend to push away from each
other, the currents in
5. A 100kg cannon at rest contains a 10-kg cannon ball. When red, the cannon ball
leaves the cannon with a speed of 90 m/s. What is the recoil speed of the cannon?
D) 90 m/s
E) zero m/s
mc =100kg, mb = 10kg, b = 90111/5.
with a velo
11 . A spinning disc rotating at 130 rev/min slows and stops 31 5 later, How many
revolutions did the disc make during this time?
AB- code ~iove
5\ 5cc( WW \ 3L5 F5
# _ _ 23.45 l. A3.0 balland 1 ball ' -
K90 sec 49 "DOC 5 '73 2 L he
C)-\~\ )0 CH. 1\
1. The den f ' " . 4
_ _ sample gaspegury '5 \36 X104 kg/rrB. What is the mass ofa 6 x 1640-m3
1. Melissa s favor-rte exercise equipment at the gym consists of various \ = m. z> m : 9x \[
springs. In one exercise,
. - . . a . , 'r N
The kinetic energy of an 1800-kg truck is 7.2 x 105 J. What is the speed of the 20- TWO boxes are connected 0 Ch 0th as 5110er The System 15 released from TCS' A 13lAn engineer is asked to design a playground slidoe such that the speed
1) A 10-kg block is pushed against a vertical wall by a horizontal force of 100 N as shown
in the figure. The coefficient of static friction, s, between the block and the wall is 0.60;
and the coefficient of kinetic friction, k, is 0.40. Which one of the
1) A 10.0-g bullet traveling horizontally at 755 m/s strikes a stationary target and stops after
penetrating 14.5 cm into the target. What is the average force of the target on the bullet?
2) A 1.0-kg ball on the end of a string is whirled at a constant s
1) A 25-kg box is sliding down an ice-covered hill. When it reaches point A, the box is moving at 11
m/s. Point A is at the bottom of a circular arc that has a radius R = 7.5 m. What is the magnitude
of the normal force on the box at Point A?
2) A ball mo
1) A 0.10-kg cart traveling in the positive x direction at 10.0 m/s collides with a 0.30-kg cart
at rest. The collision is elastic. What is the velocity of the 0.10-kg cart after the collision?
2) A 1000-kg car traveling east at 20 m/s collides with a 150
Physics 181, Spring 2014 Engineering Physics II: Exam 3A
G = 6.6710 Nm /kg
e = 1.6010-19 C
o = 410-7 Tm/A
Important physical constants (may or may not be needed)
g= 9.8 m/s2
1/4o = 8.99109 Nm2/C2
me = 9.1110-31 kg
mp = 1.6710-27 kg
o = 8.851