Study Guide - Hypothesis Testing
1. The probability of a type I error is represented by which of the following symbols?
2. The null hypothesis states that there is no difference between a parameter and a specific
value, or that there is no
Study Guide - The Normal Distribution
1. Give the type of distribution pattern that occurs when the majority of the data values fall to the left of
B) positively skewed
C) negatively skewed
D) left skewed
2. When the majority of t
1. First Grade Absences: For boys, the average number of absences in the first
grade is 15 with a standard deviation of 7; for girls, the average number of
absences is 10 with a standa
Confidence interval for variance:
t test for comparing two means (independent samples,
variances not equal)
Confidence interval for standard deviation:
Chapter 3 Data Description
Mean for individual data: X
Chapter 5 Discrete Probabilit
Chapter 1 Test - Form A
Name:_ Course Number: _ Section Number: _
SHORT ANSWER. Write the word or phrase that best completes each statement or answers the question.
Provide an appropriate response.
1) Define the terms population, sam
Study Guide - Confidence Intervals and Sample Size
1. Find the value of a as shown in the figure below.
2. Identify the confidence interval used in the figure below.
z a /2
Gn J refers to
Study Guide - Other Chi-Square Tests
1. Frequencies obtained by calculation are called expected frequencies.
2. In a goodness-of-fit test, the degrees of freedom are equal to the number of categories
3. The chi
Study Guide - Testing the Difference Between Two Means, Two Variances, and Two Proportions
1. If the test value in the figure below is 2.57 when the critical value is 1.96, what decision
about the hypothesis should be made?
reject the null hyp
Formula used for prediction is y hat = b0 + b1(x1) + b2(x2) + bk(xk). For regression coefficients
in multiple regression, involves matrix algebra, so use computer output to interpret data instead
of calculating values (: (: (:
Prediction about what score should be rather than association between 2 vars.
Regression line summarize linear relationship btwn X & Y, explains how Y changes as observe
changes in X, predict Y from X, so prediction errors made are error
Linear association between 2 variables correlation coefficient. rxy or simply r represents corr, is
the standardized covariance measure of covariance between variables wrt standard dev of
each variable, aka use z scores to calculate. See if on