Personal development plan (charter)
The structure of charters
1.) Mission statement
2.) Vision statement
3.) Values statement
5.) Operating goals and milestones
- The mission statem
Using communication style flexing to build
Better understand your own most preferred
Develop greater understanding and appreciation for styles
that are diffe
WHAT IS YOUR PERSONAL
Elena Ber nard, PhD
Assistant Professor of Marketing
What is a Personal Brand?
Why is Personal Branding important?
How do you develop a Personal Brand?
Assignment: Personal Marketing Plan.
LO1: WHAT IS
Adapted from University of Richmond Career Services: October 2014
Student name: _
This rubric is a guide to identifying the fundamental elements of a resume.*
1. Proofread resume for errors and complete the self-review checklist.
How to Log-in to Mahara (e-portfolios):
Step 1: Sign in to your Pilots account at
Step 2: Click the Moodle symbol below
Announcements and Events
Step 3: On the right hand side,
below My course menu,
click the link to Mahara
How to Cre
Name of the Student Lindsey Lavee
Thank you very much for participating in this exercise. Your input helps the student you are
evaluating learn more about his or her own communication style. To complete this evaluation,
please rate the student on both D
SOAR and PDP
UP faculty !
Course Hero Internship!
Changes in technology !
Studying in Austria !
Build on P4 streng
Managing yourself: a smarter way to network
Getting it wrong
- Many people take a misguided approach to networking
- Go astray by building imbalanced networks
o Pursuing the wrong kind of relationships
o Leveraging r
Mock Interview Sample Questions
1. Would you describe yourself as goal-driven?
2. What specific goals, including those related to a career, have you established for your life?
3. What specific
How to interview
5 things you should know
- Resumes get looked at between 5-30 seconds
- The average job search takes 6-8 months
- 80% of jobs are never advertised
- You may have a job that doesnt exist today
Dress for success
Packaging your personal brand
- Why does packaging matter?
o Not about fashion or trend
o Focus on understanding and creating a package
Communicate your value before you initiate eye contact,
P4: Pamplin Professional Preparation Program
Service Reflection Form
Name of Service: Gateway Greenspace clean-up
Contact Information Name:
Email & Phone:
Was Leader UP Alum? No
Service Date: 3/22/2014
Please fill out form and up
Seven themes of catholic social teaching
Charity and Justice
o Provides direct social services like food, clothing, shelter
o Responds to immediate needs
o Directed at the effects of injustice, its symptoms
- We live in an age of unprecedented opportunity: If you've got ambition, drive,
and smarts, you can rise to the top of your chosen profession regardless of
where you start out.
What is your personal brand?
What is a personal brand?
- Myth 1: branding is just for corporations and products
- Myth 2: branding is the latest fad
- Myth 3: a brand is a logo or a tag line
- Myth 4: brandin
Understanding individual communication styles
- Your communication style is the you that is on display every day
- If your style is very different from the other persons, it may be difficult for