Research one of the following: Metabolic acidosis, metabolic alkalosis, Reparatory acidosis, respiratory
Which disorder did you pick?
2. What are the symptoms of the disorder
a. Excessive thirst, frequent urination, nausea an
42. What are olfactory receptors and where are they located?
In roof of nasal cavity, transmit message to olfactory nerve in brain
43. What are olfactory hairs?
Receptor cells with cilia that are simulated with chemicals dissolve in mucus
44. Where are th
Includes: smell, taste, sight, and
hearing and equillibrium
Internal Structures of Eye
Eyeball-hollow sphere surrounded by three layers(tunics)
and filled with fluids called humors.
1. Sclera-outermost tunic of eye. Made of whit
The Nervous System
Protection of the CNS
Meninges-3 layers of connective tissue protecting and
covering the brain
1. Dura Matter-tough outer layer.
Double membrane in brain, single membrane over spinal
Periostium- attaches to skull
The Nervous System
Nervous system is control center of body. Sends
electrical and chemical signals
Works with endocrine system
3 Functions of Nervous
1. Sensory receptors monitor
change(stimuli). Information gathered is
Describe the following body movements:
a. Action of bending or the condition of being bent, especially the bending of
a limb or joint
a. Increasing the angle between two bones or parts of the body. Straightening
34. What is the most superior part of the brain called?
35. What are gyri, sulci and fissures?
Elevated ridges on surface of brain
Grooves between ridges
Deep grooves separating large parts of brain into hemispheres and loves
1. What is the main muscle in your upper arm that allows you to bend your elbow?
2. What is the main muscle in your upper arm that allows you to straighten your elbow?
3. What is one muscle in your forearm that allows you to reach forward
The Muscular System
of bodies mass is muscle
Functions to move the body by
contracting and relaxing and moving
Muscle cells are also called muscle fiber
because they are long and tube-like
Use myofilaments (type o
The smell of French fries, onions, and hamburgers impregnated my nose, as my stomach
growled aggressively. Amazed and excited, I looked up at the big buildings and big arches of the
McDonalds Restaurant. It was all so marvelous to me! Everything was so di