Question1: Pick one type of cancer and discuss what it is, how it spreads, where it could be spread to,
what treatment options exist and if there is anything that could have been done to prevent/lower the
risk of getting this type of cancer?
1. What percentage (or ratio) of American will be diagnosed with cancer at some point in their life?
2. What are the 6 hallmarks of cancer?
self sufficiency to growth signals
insensitivity to anti-growth signals
1. The process of making new blood vessels is called angiogenesis
2. Lung cancer and kidney cancer
3. Strategies used by cancer cells in achieving growth factor autonomy
a. Extracellular growth signals can be manipulated
b. Receptors of extracellular grow