Woman holding a balance
1. I chose the art work titled Woman holding a balance made by Johannes Vermeer
found on page 751, figure 23-40. This painting was made in 1664 on an oil canvas, its
size is 42.5 cm by 38 cm. It is currently located in the National
The Raising of the Cross
1. I chose the work of art titled The Raising of the Cross, painted by Peter Paul
Rubens. Peter Paul Rubens created this painting in 1611 during the Baroque
period and used oil paint. Its size is 15 feet 2 inches by 11 feet 2 inch
Aztec Goddess Coatlicue
1. The Coatlicue sculpture is 257 cm tall and was created around c 1500. It is
currently located in the National Museum of Anthropology in Mexico City.
This massive sculpture is made of basalt.
2. This sculpture has various section
There are 4 questions required to be answered for this assignment.
1. Work of art identification What is the title, size, location, date and medium used in
the creation of this work of art?
2. Please describe EVERYTHING you see in the work of art IN DEPTH
1. Kiss of Judas, 66 X 67/8 (2 x 1.85 m), South Wall of Scrovegni Chapel, Padua, Italy. 1305-1306.
2. In this Giotto painting Jesus and Judas are in the center front standing face to face. Both Jesus
enemies and followers are surroundi
Giotto Di Bondone
1. Kiss of Judas. 66 X 67/8 (2 x 1.85 m). South Wall of Scrovegni (Arena) Chapel, Padua, Italy. 13051306. Fresco.
2. In this painting Jesus and Judas are in the center standing, Jesuss enemies and followers are around
them surrounding th