Woman holding a balance
1. I chose the art work titled Woman holding a balance made by Johannes Vermeer
found on page 751, figure 23-40. This painting was made in 1664 on an oil canvas, its
size is 42.5 cm by 38 cm. It is currently located in the National
The Raising of the Cross
1. I chose the work of art titled The Raising of the Cross, painted by Peter Paul
Rubens. Peter Paul Rubens created this painting in 1611 during the Baroque
period and used oil paint. Its size is 15 feet 2 inches by 11 feet 2 inch
Aztec Goddess Coatlicue
1. The Coatlicue sculpture is 257 cm tall and was created around c 1500. It is
currently located in the National Museum of Anthropology in Mexico City.
This massive sculpture is made of basalt.
2. This sculpture has various section
There are 4 questions required to be answered for this assignment.
1. Work of art identification What is the title, size, location, date and medium used in
the creation of this work of art?
2. Please describe EVERYTHING you see in the work of art IN DEPTH
1. Kiss of Judas, 66 X 67/8 (2 x 1.85 m), South Wall of Scrovegni Chapel, Padua, Italy. 1305-1306.
2. In this Giotto painting Jesus and Judas are in the center front standing face to face. Both Jesus
enemies and followers are surroundi
Giotto Di Bondone
1. Kiss of Judas. 66 X 67/8 (2 x 1.85 m). South Wall of Scrovegni (Arena) Chapel, Padua, Italy. 13051306. Fresco.
2. In this painting Jesus and Judas are in the center standing, Jesuss enemies and followers are around
them surrounding th
Compare and Contrast;
1a. The Monticello is located in Albemarle County, Virginia. It was completed in 1772.
The architect was Thomas Jefferson.
1b. The Chiswick House is located in Burlington Lane, Chiswick, London. It was
Aztec Goddess Coatlicue
1. The Coatlicue sculpture is 257 cm tall and was created around c 1500. It is currently
located in the National Museum of Anthropology in Mexico City. This massive
sculpture is made of basalt.
2. This sculpture has va
1. This picture is titled: The Open Door, taken in 1844 by William Henry Fox Talbot. It was
made through the process of positive-negative photograph. It was printed on salted
paper from paper negatives. Its size is 5 5/8 by
The Great Wave
1. The great wave by Hokusai was made of wood block print on paper it measures
25x37.1cm created in c. 1831.
2. This artwork of waves; shows large waves and two boats being taking with
waves. And in the background the peak of Mt.
Compare and Contrast Study David
Art History 102
1. Donatellos David stands at 52 1/4, it is located at the Museo Nazionale
del Bargello, France. This piece of art is made out of bronze and was created
during c. 1446-1460. Michelangelos David
Old Kingdom, Dynasty 4, reign of Menkaura
The overall 56 x 22 1/2 inch x 21 inch dimensions of the statue
representing King Menkaura and queen, exhibit a dimension of self-respect,
composure and eternalness characterize the port