Chemistry Unit Notes
The main ideas in the particle theory of matter are:
1. Matter is made up of tiny particles
2. The particles of matter are in constant motion
3. Particles of matter are held together by very strong electric forces
Chapter 4 Test
Indicate whether the sentence or statement is true or false. If false, change the identified word or phrase to make the
sentence or statement true.
1. Work is done when the force and the displacement ar
NO3 nitrogen trioxide
(not nitrate because there is no charge displayed)
Barium nitride Ba3N2
Lead (IV) oxide
Propane (C3H8) burns in air
Propane + oxygen water
What is Acid Rain?
"Acid rain" is a broad term referring to a mixture of wet and dry deposition (deposited material)
from the atmosphere containing higher than normal amounts of nitric and sulfuric acids. The
precursors, or chemical forerunners, of acid r
11.6- The Laws of Reflection
pg. 486 #2,3,5
2. Two laws of reflection:
- the angel of incidence equals the angle of reflection
- the incident ray, the reflected ray, and the normal all lie in the same plane
3. a) Specular reflection: reflection of light o
Multi meaning many
Valent which comes from the word valence
Am I in a Relationship?
A relationship is a connection between persons
We have many different kinds of relationships. A relationship can be personal,
impersonal, close, or distant.
At birth we experience our first relationship- mother-child, and as our li
The Family- The First Cell of Society
The Family: A Community of Persons
The family is the first cell of society because the family produces societys very members
A family is the first community we experience
We learn our communication skills and relation
Unit 2 Review: Who has Culture?
State and give an example of each of the seven traits of culture, pages 35-36.
Humans create culture
Culture consists of ways of doing things
The way we speak (English); the way we pray (what kind of prayer?)
The Seven Traits of Humans
1. Humans are created in the image and likeness of God.
His image refers to our actions
2. Humans are called to happiness and holiness.
3. Humans are rational and free.
4. Humans are moral beings.
5. Humans have passions or fee
Signs and Symbols
- A sign is any object that represents something else. Signs have one meaning. Signs
can be imposed on us or agreed upon. An example of a sign is an exit or stop sign.
- A symbol is a sign that operated on many levels such
1. What is the Golden Rule?
Do to others and you would have them do to you.
Understand and be able to apply the principle of reciprocity? How is
it different than agape-charity love?
Reciprocity: The expectation that if I do something for someon
The Political Spectrum and Political Parties
The Political Spectrum
Right and left wing are used as convenient ways to describe bodies of beliefs
Your opinions place you on an imaginary line called the political spectrum
What does t
1.4- Isotopes, Radioisotopes, and Atomic Mass
pg 29 #2,4-8
Isotope: a form of an element in which the atoms have the same number of protons as all other
forms of that element, but a different number of neutrons
Isotopic abundance: the percentage of a give