5.05 Physical vs Chemical
6 examples of physical
breaking, Mixing, and Evaporation
6 examples of
a log of wood, Frying an
egg, Roasting a marshmallow
Lighting a match,
The Doppler Weather
Radar is the model I
choose to do.
In 1953 it was first recorded/ used.
A lot of people created it. They
each went off by someone's work
before them. First it was David
Atlas, then a company known as
EKCO, and then finally Do
04.04 Using the Periodic Table Assignment
You are an Intergalactic CSI that investigates crime scenes between galaxies!
There has been a nuclear explosion on another planet.
Your mission is to match the forensic evidence from the scene to our Earths Perio
Copy and paste the content below into a word processing document. Save the file to your
computer, fill in the information, and submit as your assignment for this lesson.
3.02 Solar System Model Comparison and Contrast Chart
To complete the chart below:
Chromosomes are the structure containing of all the genetic information used to create new cells.
DNA are the molecular structures that actually contain the information needed to create new cells.
Genes are a segment of DNA that gives a person a certain t
What is a summary and what does it mean to summarize?
Step One (5 pts): After your interview or article reading, write down (list) the important
(key) points or words from the articles text or from the interview. You must list 10 points!
Anaylysis and Conclusion:
1. What chemical combination did you investigate? Baking soda and vinegar
2. Did the observed temperature of the solution increase or decrease? Decrease
3. Based on your observation, was the reaction endothermic or exothermic? Ex
Before You Begin: You may either copy and paste this document into a word processing
program of your choice or print this page.
1. In your own words, describe two conditions that are necessary for an eclipse to occur.
The sun, moon, and earth all have to
Assignment 01.03 Scientific Method - Science vs. Pseudoscience Questions
Answer the following questions about science, pseudoscience, and the scientific method:
Part I: Scientific Method
1. What is the difference between science and pseudoscience? Science
1. Explain how we use a spectrometer to help us determine what stars and planets are
made of? When light passes through various chemical elements, different spectral
patterns are created. By matching those patterns up to patterns generated in a
Directions: Use what you have learned in the lesson to answer each of the questions below. Be
sure to use complete sentences. You will need to refer to the periodic table to help you with
some of the questions.
1. Describe how the periodic table different
Directions: Complete this activity by answering all questions in complete sentences. When you have
completed the Seasons Worksheet, you will go to the assessment area and attach the file to the 3.03 The
Provide at least two statements
Review the text and hands-on activity carefully. Fill out the data tables and answer all questions
below. Please save this file so that you may submit it as an assessment.
Part I: Calculating Density
1. How is the density of a substance calcul
Directions: Answer each question completely in the space provided.
1. Which has more energy, an electron close to the nucleus of an atom, or an electron
farther away from the nucleus? Farther
2. What are the different areas of an electron cloud called? En
1. A star has an absolute magnitude of 4 and a surface temperature of 5,000 degrees C.
According to the HR diagram, list the type of star found at these coordinates. Super
2. A star has a temperature of 15,000 degrees C and an absolute magnitude o
Directions: Answer the following questions in complete sentences.
1. Describe four properties of acids that you learned in this lesson.
Lemon, orange, grapefruit, and tomatoes
2. Describe four of the properties of bases that you learned in this lesson.
05.02 Lab Worksheet: Is it a Solid or a Liquid?
Observations: Answer each of the following questions using complete sentences:
1. How does the mixture behave when you stab it quickly with a finger or stick? The mixture acts very
strange. Like a sort of go
Kinser 2nd Period
Summary Act 1 Scene 1-V
In Romeo and Juliet The scene open with a war on the streets of Verona with
Montague and Capulet households. While trying to stop the fight, Benvolio (Romeos
cousin) drawn himself into the c
Cell: 386.274.5060 Email:
Mynextmove.org (good to see where you want to go for
CollegeBoard.com (find colleges
Scholarships.com (Apps for colleges $2.99)
Scholly Scholarship App & FAFSA.ed.gov (fundi
The Greek girl knew
More about the
language the people
compared to the
American kids in the
class. Greeks were to
educate non greeks.
Greeks are to help feed
everyone in their
maintain good looking.
Greek girls who dont
Unit 1: Civil War and Reconstruction
EQ: What were the causes, course, and consequences of the civil war
AnswerLEQ: What were the issues that divided the North and the South?
Answer- Slavery, economy, and states
Kessinger 5th Period
Section 1 Assessment
2. Gross National Product is the total value of final goods and servic
Kinser 2nd Period
1. Inferences- Something being stated by a conclusion or
2. References- Inference about a person, place or thing.
3. Allusions Stating an event or history that is made well known to
Kessinger 5th pd
1. Labor Force- All nonmilitary people who are employed or
2. Learning Effect- The theory that education increases productivity
and results in higher wages.
3. Screening Effect- The theory that the
List 3 options now has for her and 1pro and 1con
Eliza wants to work in the flower shop, to make her own shop. The pro of Eliza is to
go into making her own business with a flower shop but the con is if she doesnt
make it itll
Kinser 2nd Period
1.Speaker: What does the reader know about the writer? I know that he is
determined to become successful and has a good career plan for him after High
School. Very focus on what he wants.
Variables Worksheet Practice
1. Becky wanted to figure out what type of liquid worked best for
growing beans. She watered one with coca-cola, one with
lemonade, and one with just water. After one week, she measured
how high they had grown.
Punnett Square Practice
1. B= Brown eyes b= blue eyes Mom= Bb Dad= BB What are the eye color
possibilities if they chose to have children?
2. A green pea plant (Gg) is crossed with a yellow pea plant (gg).
3. A tall plant (TT) is crossed with a tall plant
The Scientific Method
The Case of the Paper
is a short story that explains a
problem that you have and would like
to find an answer to.
I was sitting in science class and
needed to get a note from one end
of the room to the other wi