Romulus and Remus Nursed by a She-Wolf
Josef Bergler II, Austrian
Made in Prague, Bohemia, Czech Republic, Europe
The twins with the she wolf
Romulus and Remus
RUBENS, Peter Paul
Pinacoteca Capitolina, Rome
Mother was vestial virgin
3.11 Hic and Ille Work File
Type in the translation below each sentence.
1. Haec est mea patria, terra quam amo. (a favorite
This is my father, whose land I love.
2. Hic est meus amor-Latinam docere. (said by your
Heres my love to teach L
3.04 Work File
Copy and paste the correct form of vir, puella and flumen next to the corresponding
form of celer.
02.12 Work file
1.Nunc Ulixes ad insulam Sirenum navigabit. Now Ulysses sails to the island of
2. Sirenes erant feminae pulchrae. Sirens were beautiful women
3.Sirenes corpora avium et capita puellarum habebant. The Sirens have the body o
02.10 Work File
Read the tale of Circe and translate the middle portion of this text.
Type your translation below each numbered sentence.
Ulixes nunc omnia praeter ( except ) suam (his) navem amiserat. Haec
( this ) navis ad insulam Aeaeam venit, qu
As a film student, will you be able to read and write the Latin language?
Translate the following sentences into English.
1. Linguam Latinam legere et scribere possum. I am able to read and write the Latin
2. Ab agris frumentum tran
1. Christoph Amberger, Odysseus and Nausicaa, 1619 It is Nausicaa and her maids doing
laundry when Odysseus washes up.
2. Odysseus at the Palace of Alcinous, by Francesco Hayez. 1813-1815 Odysseus listens to
a bard sing of his deeds while staying undercov
Translate the following sentences.
1. Ab quo Caesar salutatus est? By who has caesar been greeted?
2. Cleopatra accepit Caesarem cui cibum donavit. Cleo recieved caesar, to whom she
3. Quam cenam Cleopatra Marco Antonio preparavit? What
1. Incolae, quorum cibus est bonus, accipiunt Graecos.
a. The inhabitants, whove got good food,
2. Illi (Those men), quibus lotophagi cibum donant, semper in terra manere cupiunt.
a. Those men, to whom the lotus eaters donate food, always wish to stay in
1. Baucis Philemonem qui erat coniunx eius (her) amavit. Baucis loved Philemon
_who_ was her spouse.
2. Mercurius et Iuppiter domum (insert to+domum) eorum (their) quae erat parva venerunt.
Mercury and Jupiter came to their home _which_ was little.
05.11 Work File
Read the English at the beginning and end of the text. Then translate the middle
portion. Be sure to save your file, then, submit your work to your instructor in the 05.11
Tarquinius Priscus, qui a Romanis expulsu