Ch. 23 Sole Proprietorships,
Partnerships & Limited Liability
What chapter is about: sets out features of the most widely used forms of business
organizations, including 2 of the 3 traditional structures- sole proprietorship and partnershipsand
a. Identify the limiting reagent when 15.0 g of H2 reacts with 48.0 g of O2 to produce water.
b. What is the mass of water produced?
We are given:
Amount of substance of
Amount of substance of
I'm going to give you a few simple lessons on how to make a Web Page. I must warn you though, this is for
"all wet behinda ears" Newbies. If you're at all experienced at this sort of thing, you'll probably find this
tutorial a bit of a yawner.
USES OF COMPUTERS
Computers are used in many fields in our day today life. This is so due to their greater precision, accuracy
and less time taking. The following are some of the ways in which computers are used;
Computers aid greatly in the
KEVIN GACHARA GITHINJI
JOMO KENYATTA UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE AND
ASSIGNMENT: GENERATE A TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of Contents
WORKING WITH WORD DOCUMENTS.3
In its simplest form, coaxial cable consists of the following parts;
1. a core of copper wire surrounded by insulation,
Surrounding the core is a dielectric insulating layer that separates it from the wire mesh.
The core of a coaxial cable c
Characteristics of Coaxial Cable
Coax affords a great deal more frequency spectrum than does twisted-pair. Traditional coaxial
cable television networks generally support 370MHz. Newer deployments, such as hybrid fiber
coax (HFC) architectures, support 75
1. Which statement is true regarding the following Dim statement?
Dim state(49) As String, population(49) As Double
(A) It is invalid since more than one array is dimensioned by a single Dim
(B) It is invalid since the two arrays must have the
A. Differentiate between the following:
a. Guided and unguided media
Guided media uses cable to transmit data while unguided media is wireless thus a lack of a physical
b. Routable and non-routable protocols
Routable protocols are a comm
LTA #50: The Use of Formulas in Word Tables
Have you had to complete a task in Excel rather than in Word because you needed to use formulas
in your document? For example, you might have a data table in a report in which you would also
like to be able to c
3. The court should not allow for the plaintiff to collect the money because of the state statute.
In some states such as New York unlicensed contractors cannot recover for work they have
4. I believe the courst would not uphold the covenant because
1. Textor could argue that the liquidated damages were not reasonable since the delay was
caused by the school and thus the value did not match the damages.
2. I do not believe Laura is entitled to recovery since she was only inconvenienced by having to
1. Since the Ronderos are non-merchants the risk of loss passes when they make the trailer
available to Schock. I believe because of this that the Ronderos should win the lawsuit.
2. Even in good faith if someone purchases a stolen vehicle they do not gai
1. Since the proceeds of the resale were less than the contracted price, Firwood is entitled to
the difference in the contract and resale prices.
8. Mrs. Kirby could take action for breach of warranty and thus receive the price back. Or she
could ask for
2. I believe that Parrino relied on the statement that the wheelchair would last for many years
and because of his reliance on this statement I believe it is an express warranty. The language
need not be direct and state it as fact.
3. In order to be succ
1. This was a unilateral contract for the first three customers who showed up to the store. Since
Marsha completed her side of the agreement the manager must sell her the coat at the
price that was stated in the ad.
2. I believe that since the offeree acc
4. The Home Shopping Club gave notice of rejection as well as providing right to sure. They
have the right to do everything they did. The reasons for rejection are material in this case, but
they do not necessarily have to be.
5. Since they installed the
3. Lee is not required to do so because this assignment would increase Lee's burden while not
properly compensating him.
4. Karen cannot sue Sally, her rights would be exactly those of Sally before the assignment.
5. The objections are not valid because a
MGT 3605 Principles of Commercial Law
April 10, 2016
SECURED TRANSACTIONS ASSIGNMENT
In this assignment you will be determining the priority that several parties have in the
same collateral used to secure payment of the debt obligations of a borrower (Fre
1. This contact is unenforceable because the promise is a gift and promised on the grounds of
past consideration. If a party promises something for a past consideration that promise is
2. William II could argue that his refraining from the
BIT 2108: COMPUTER NETWORKS
a. Differentiate between the following:
Guided and unguided media
Routable and non-routable protocols
Synchronous and asynchronous transmissions
Simplex and full duplex modes
MAC address and IP address
Ch. 19 Creditors Rights & Bankruptcy
Focuses on basic laws that assist creditor and debtor in resolving disputes without
resorting to bankruptcy and mortgage foreclosure.
1. Laws Assisting Creditors:
a. Liens: an encumbrance on (claim against) property to
Ch. 14 Performance & Breach of Sales
& Lease Contracts
Obligations of Seller/ Lessor
Tender of delivery (how to show it was tendered): notify Buyer of shipment, reasonable
place, hour manner of delivery.
Ex: Jackie orders 1000 widgets from professor by
Ch. 15 Warranties & Product Liability
Security interest: lending and getting interest in property.
o Delta and security interest in airplanes
Secured party: lent money to Delta and took security interest
Security agreement: in collateral, the airplane
Ch. 12- Breach and Remedies
Contract laws dont reward for penalties (only torts) goal of court: put you back in
position you wouldve been if breach hasnt occurred.
a. Ex: Hannah and not getting Tickle Me Elmo compensatory damages would
Chapter 11-Third Party Rights and
Privity of Contract
a. Third parties have no rights in contract to which they are not parties
b. Exceptions to the rule of privity of contract
b.i. 1. Assignments
b.ii. 2. Delegations
b.iii. 3. Third Part
Ch. 5- Intellectual Property and Internet
o Products of an individuals mind
Ex) Info contained in books, computer files, movies you see
o Constitution protects and rewards incentive/artistic creativity of intellectual
Ch. 7 Nature and Classification
Contract law deals with the formation and keeping of promises.
a. Promises: an assertion that something either will or wont happen in the future.
b. Shows what kinds of promises our society thinks should be legally b
Legal Chapter 4
Basis of Tort Law
o Two notions to serve as basis:
1. Wrongs committed against a person
2. Compensate those who have suffered from anothers wrongdoing
o Tort: wrongful actions
o Business Torts: involve wrongful interference w/ business r
CH. 15- Warranties & Product Liability
What is a warranty? An assurance/guarantee by seller of certain facts concerning the
good being sold. A promise that goods are what they promised to be.
Warranties: Article 2 and 2A designate certain types of