EAS 3603 Worksheet 2, Atmospheric and Ocean Structure, Gas Laws
1. What is the average lapse rate in the troposphere?
2. What is the average temperature at the Earth's surface?
3. What is a typical temperature at the tropopause?
4. How does ozone in the s
EAS 3603 Worksheet 3, Real Gas Laws, Equations of State
1. Calculate the value of the compressibility factor for a van der Waals gas at the critical
2. A piece of sodium metal reacts completely with water as follows:
2Na(s) + 2H20(l) = 2NaOH(aq) +
EAS 3603 Worksheet 1, Barometric Law, Composition of the Earth System
1. Identify each of the following variables as either extensive or intensive
# of moles
Exam I EAS3603
Closed book. State your assumptions and justify your answers. Work by yourself.
Adherence to GT Honor code is expected.
1. (2 points) What is the average salinity of the ocean?
2. (2 points) Which of the following combinations of cond
EAS 3603 Homework 1 Barometric Equation, Gas Laws
Due: Sept. 8, 2016, Beginning of class
Clearly show your work and put a box around the solution(s) to each problem.
1. During the summer, the ground temperature on planet Funyun is 36C. The lapse rate,