Part 1. Complete all of the Chapter 2 Activity Questions 1-3 -found on page 37 in the textbook. Please
be thorough and thoughtful with your responses. Use complete sentences and appropriate Standard
American English. 30 points
1. What was the problem or b
1. What was the problem or behavior the authors were trying to address in this article?
The authors were trying focus on cigarette smoking and alcohol abuse.
2. Which constructs did they use?
Self-efficiency was one of the main constructs tha
Chapter 9 & 10: Special Topics in Adults - Nutrition for Chronic
Chapters 9 and 10 have significant overlap. Ch 9 describes the stages of
adulthood and metabolic changes associated with aging. Since you are not
nutrition majors, I have merged the
Chapter 1 & 2
Demographics: the characteristics of our population (size, distribution, geographic)
Population aging: sheer increase in the size of population age 65+
Individual aging process: Physiological, psychological, and social changes of aging.
My most memorable experience I have with a health care provider was watching my dad treating a
patient in particular. This patient happened to be a classmate of mine in the fifth grade that was severely
anorexic. Most people may feel awkward knowing that
1. What were the three main causes or reasons for low physical activity identified by the authors?
1. Lack of knowledge of the relationship between moderate physical activity and health
2. Perceived lack of personal resources for engaging in
The ecological model is based both on social and physical environment-focusing mainly on
environmental causes of behavior. The ecological model is broken down into five factorsintrapersonal,interpersonal, institutional, community, and societal.
1. The stages of change model was adapted in the program by following the steps each way. In the
program, they first addressed the problem- diabetes and hypertension. They then used
preparation by deciding what they were going to do to
Presentation per criteria below: 80/ 80 points
Utilized allotted time effectively 5
Relevant background regarding living conditions 5
Introduces a hypothetical character which adds a personal touch and relates factual