Review 10: Alphabet Soup: New Deal Agencies, 1933-1938
1. Which of the following statements about the Tennessee Valley Authority is correct?
(A) It was ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court.
(B) It provided land for immigrants who wanted to become f
Review 12: 1945 to the Present
1. Students staged a sit-in in Greensboro, North Carolina, in 1960 to protest
(A) poverty in the South
(B) cutbacks in student aid
(C) segregation of public facilities
(D) the war in Vietnam
(E) the oppression of women
Review 8: The United States at Home and Abroad, 1860-1920
1. During the First World War, the Committee on Public Information issued propaganda to persuade the American people of all of the
The United States was fighti
Review 7: The Gilded Age, 1877-1900 AP Questions
1. Which of the following statements best describes the clothing industry in the late nineteenth century?
(A) Because of the emphasis on domesticity, clothing manufacture became primarily a home industry.
Review 9: Prosperity and Depression, 1920-1940
1. The objective of the Bonus Expeditionary Force that marched on Washington, D.C., in 1932 was to obtain
(A) higher commodity prices for farmers
(B) better education for children
(C) civil rights for African
Review 3: Creating a New Government
1. The principal motivation for drafting the Bill of Rights was the desire to
(A) test the new process of amendment described in the Constitution
(B) protect fights not specified in the Constitution
(C) strengthen the p
Review 6: Civil War and Reconstruction - Past AP Questions
In 1861 the North went to war with the South primarily to
liberate the slaves
prevent European powers from meddling in American affairs
preserve the Union
avenge political d
Colonial Life Past AP Exam Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was true ofa married woman in the colonial era?
(A) She would be sentenced to debtors' prison for debts incurred by her husband.
(B) She could vote as her husband's proxy in el
Review 11: America at War, 1941-1945
1. Which of the following best describes the experience of Americans of Japanese descent during the Second World War?
They were forced to take loyalty oaths along with Americans of Italian and Germa