CS 4510 - Assignment 6 with Solutions
Reading: Chapter 4, Section 5.1, Section 5.3.
Each question is worth 5 points.
1. For any language L define the language
PREFIX(L) := cfw_w | some prefix of w is in L .
(a) Show that if L is decidable then PREFIX(L) i
CS 4510 - Assignment 5 Solutions
Reading: Sipser Chapter 3.
1. (5 points) Look at Turings 1936 paper linked here and on the Resources
page. You can skim through it but please read Sections 1 and 9.
(a) What did Turing call his machines?
CS 4510 - Assignment 3 with Solutions
Reading: Sipser Sections 1.2-1.4.
As always, please list collaborators and outside sources, and dont submit
anything for ungraded or suggested items.
1. (suggested) Watch the short video about evidence-based study str
CS 4510 - Assignment 4 with Solutions
Reading: Sipser Sections 2.1 and 2.2.
1. (ungraded) Read the short story linked here and on the Resources page.
Is the Library infinite?
2. (5 points) Show that the following grammar is ambiguous.
S 0S 1S 2S | 0S 1S |
CS 4510 - Assignment 1
Readings from Sipser, 3rd edition:
- Preface: To the student (page xi and xii)
- Chapter 0
1. Translate the following statements about integers into formal symbolic
(a) Addition is commutative.
Solution: x y x + y = y +