Event Management Functions: Risk Management
Protecting the organization from anything that could possible go
wrong and lead to a loss, such as financial loss, equipment or
property damage, loss of goodwill, and loss of market share.
DIM Process- Fevelop
- Gargantuan: enormous; a gargantuan appetite
- Pantagruelian: Enormous; a pantagruelian banquet
- Rabelaisian: displaying earthly humor, bawdy; suggestive of the humor
of Francois Rabelais.
- This is a satire.
- The ess
The thousand and one Arabian nights
Frame tale- narrative levels and voices
Methods for reading the series therein
- Stories are responses to people, statements or events mentioned in
the frame tale (Leeuwen 52)
- Frame and stories create a dialogue
Facility and Event Management
Guest Speaker Assignment
1.) Which of Mr. Garnetts points stand out to you the most? Explain why.
- Something that stood out to me is that there is a lot more than you think being an
Play 14: Managing for the Unexpected
No matter how much planning goes into an event, every event
organizer must be prepared to deal with unexpected issues
Unexpected issues can arise at any time in the planning or execution of
events and take
Mikhail Romanov- first official king
Peter the great- spent a lot of time in Sweden and western Europe left
Moscow and went incognitio into western Europe to study, work and
learn and came back and decided the way Russia was doing things was
Facility and event management
Two sides of media: Editorial vs sales and Marketing
-The editorial half is responsible for providing informational content by
covering news and developing stories and features
- Under the leadership of the editor
Two basic varieties of sponsor benefits.
1.) Those that generate expenses
2.) Those that do not require out of pocket expense
-Account for cost of goods sold when budgeting for sponsorship.
- Development and fulfillment cost are the mo
Chapter 4 Notes: Facility and Event Management
Soliciting and Host Cities and Venues
There are a multitude of factors that must be evaluated when identifying a
host city for an event
All parties must develop an understanding of each others want